Multi-tasking.

Permabanned
Hey, after all the who-har about the lack of multitasking on the iphone i thought i would install it onto my iphone and i have to say i've not really needed it.The only times i really want to multi-task is when on msn/facebook chat and surf the web and listen to music or radio and all the programs i use have built in web browers. So In what scenarios is multi-tasking really important?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I use it all the time with my BB's...usually if im typing out an email/sms text and have to make a call...i can just use my task switcher to switch to the phone part and make a call and not have to worry about remembering what i was writing as once ive finished the call etc...i can go back into my email/sms text app and continue where i left off.

Also use it while im on the speakerphone or bluetooth...i can talk while typing out an sms/email or whilst im browsing the internet.

For me i dont think i could ever live without multi tasking...one of the main reasons why i wouldnt consider an iphone as nice as it is...maybe when they add multi tasking...maybe being the operative word then i might consider getting one but at the moment i wouldnt as multi tasking is pretty much an integral part of what i do daily with my BB's.

Soldato
For me i dont think i could ever live without multi tasking...one of the main reasons why i wouldnt consider an iphone as nice as it is.

The iPhone has multitasking for its built-in apps. Both the examples you've given above are handled by the iPhone. You can do other things whilst making a call (it's even featured in one of the adverts on TV) and it will remember your position when leaving the e-mail / sms application.

What the iPhone can't do is multitasking with 3rd party apps. I find it annoying that I can't listen to Spotify and play a game at the same time or use Google Latitude. There's not that many use cases for multitasking on a device with fullscreen-only apps but hopefully Apple will fix it.

Soldato
I use multitasking all the time even on my lowly 5800, got Skype, MSN, Gmail, Opera open (autostarting with the phone in fact) all the time, and quite often have music or Google maps up too.

When you can do it, you will.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
The thing is , I can listen to music and surf the web at the same time either using the ipod function or a radio app or be on facebook or msn chat and be on the web at the same time with a completely standard iphone And now my iphone is jailbroken and i have FULL Multitasking on it but i just can't think of a reason to use it.

Caporegime
The iPhone has multitasking for its built-in apps. Both the examples you've given above are handled by the iPhone. You can do other things whilst making a call (it's even featured in one of the adverts on TV) and it will remember your position when leaving the e-mail / sms application.

What the iPhone can't do is multitasking with 3rd party apps. I find it annoying that I can't listen to Spotify and play a game at the same time or use Google Latitude. There's not that many use cases for multitasking on a device with fullscreen-only apps but hopefully Apple will fix it.

Ahh ok i stand corrected i didnt know that you could still multi task with the apple approved apps:p.

Personally i dont think i could use a device that doesnt offer proper multi tasking.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I agree with both Spawn and Christo.

I had a Symbain phones (N95 8 GB N97, Satio) before my iPhone and I do get annoyed that I cannot multi task between some applications and it gets rather annoying sometimes and a bit inconvenient.

Soldato
I find it over rated by accident i left my milestone with the gallery open woke up and the battery was flat, i can live without it for sure and find it more of a inconvenience now so much so i want to sell mine and get a iphone.

Caporegime
I find it over rated by accident i left my milestone with the gallery open woke up and the battery was flat, i can live without it for sure and find it more of a inconvenience now so much so i want to sell mine and get a iphone.

Really? I've never had that issue with my Milestone, the built in task killer should be dealing with apps that haven't been opened for a while.

Back
Top Bottom