From an old Mk2 Golf Driver to >>>>

Soldato
Not much of a car fundie myself And i rarely come into motors but I got myself a new set of wheels so i thought I would share

As the title suggests i upgraded from a G reg Mk2 Golf Driver 1.6 to a Mk2 Ibiza Cupra Sport 2.0L 8V GTI

Here she is:

Its not to every one's tastes but I love it. It needs a little bit of work doing (tiny bit of surface rust on the rear drivers side wheel arch, actual arch itself is sold but just surface paint rust starting to appear. And a few electrical issues such as passenger side window regulator etc.)

And its sitting on G60 steels what more could you ask for?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Because finding a well kept 16V version that isnt located in scotland/wales is impossible.
Believe me I tried.

Came across this 8V which was a 2 1/2 hour drive away (closest mk2 of any kind for sale at the time) And fell in love. Its been VERY well looked after.

I LOVE G60 steels but I agree they dont suit the car, but it came with it so im not going to complain. Im after the multi spoke ronals in white but again they are hard to get hold of.

And yes the grill is pap, but again came with it. Ordered the original to replace it with ;)

Soldato
OP
Paid 1K for it and got the guy to throw in a full tank of fuel too. (your now going to tell me that was to much) and after selling my old Mk2 for half of that It seemed a worthy upgrade.

Soldato
OP
Well I think its classed as either "burnt orange" or "copper" But it certainly is a little different.

Terrible engine or not (in your opinion) I'm very pleased with it. Yes its not the fastest thing in the world but I don't need it to be. Its nippy enough for what i need and Ive only had my licence for less then a year (even though im 22 years old I was a late driver) and the insurance on this was pretty fair for what it is.

Soldato
OP
Yeah as said its not the fastest kid on the block but I drive the to limits of the road (as everyone should ;) ) Its a comfortable drive and a fairly decent upgrade from the old 1.6 Driver.

Its clean and tidy and a little different which ticked all the boxes for me

Soldato
OP
Didnt want to upgrade to another golf regardless of the engine size etc. There are TOO many bad examples of Mk2 Golfs about and to get one as tidy as this cupra i picked up would set me back more then double the price.

Meh I knew posting my car on motors would get me flamed but hey ho I'm used to it I live in GD half of the time.

Soldato
115bhp and 0-60 in 9.3 seconds (Its only a small tinbox) from a 2.0 lump, i'd class that as pathetic if you ask me.

On the upside i've always loved that colour and it does look quite smart from the back.

For a GTI badged car i would have least expected 150BHP, but as long as your happy with it, change those wheels get some nice alloys
:D

Back
Top Bottom