Help needed between i3m and i5m with GPU options !!!

Associate
Best out of these 2 !!!, i3, i5, GPU options

Hi,

Right I'm getting another laptop,

Need good processor, want windows 7 to boot and run fast
Will not be playing games on it, i7 rig and ps3 for that.
Will want to play a lot of HD 1080p videos, youtube HD, streaming off sites in HD, HD camcorder and downloaded video all in HD.
General office work and apps.

Killer question: How much does the GPU impact on video watching or is it mainly used for gaming? Can integrated gpu handle full HD video?

Got 2 laptops in mind

Dell with Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.26Ghz, 4Threads, turbo boost up to 2.53 GHz, 3M cache) and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

or

Samsung with Intel Core i3 Dual Core 330M / 2.13 GHz ( Dual-Core ) and nVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics

Any help or general info would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited:

Aod

Aod

Soldato
well, i mean, come-on, if you're not playing games you really don't need an i357magnum with maths co-processor? Laptop Core2Duo's run windows and decode 1080p HD just fine.

Permabanned
I'm interested in getting the Samsung with Intel Core i3 Dual Core 330M / 2.13 GHz ( Dual-Core ) and nVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics but just seen the new E Series Sony laptop's and they look gorgeous.

Hmmmm decisions decisions!!

Associate
OP
I'm interested in getting the Samsung with Intel Core i3 Dual Core 330M / 2.13 GHz ( Dual-Core ) and nVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics but just seen the new E Series Sony laptop's and they look gorgeous.

Hmmmm decisions decisions!!
I know the one your on about i saw the same 1 looked at it for 2 mins and then went back to the samsung. The sony was a recomdation, but i think 70 percent or more brought the samsung. Imo, better spec, more features, ports, better looks !

Associate
OP
Well I opted for the Sony E-series as I was liking the white look to it, as well as the spec. Also I managed to get it for £450 :)

Is that the one Sony VAIO EB1S0E ?

Same CPU, diff GPU though - I need 7 pro or ultimate cause I need to install virtual XP mode so i'm going to upgrade the OS to 7 64 Bit Ultimate. I'm not getting mine till next week, ( having to wait a hell of a long time for shipping ). Shame OCUK don't expand their laptop range, I'm with 10mins of it lol !

Let me know what you think when you get yours.

Back
Top Bottom