Annoying BFBC2 PC bug - anyone else?

Soldato
I've got an issue with BFBC2 for the PC that I have yet to find anyone else having by browsing various forums so I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone else has it.

Basically, I'm having problems spawning.

After the map loads it can take as many as 20 attempt to hit the button (with a couple seconds of pause in between) before going live.

When I die and I attempt to spawn on either a squadmate or a spawn point I go through a similar process - after the countdown changes to "Ready" I have to repeatedly click, wait (button greys out) and nothing..... but here is the interesting bit.

According to other players when I click join for the first time I do spawn on the map, albeit around 8ft in the air and motionless and I just hang there. If I'm attempting to spawn on a person my ghostlike body follows over them like an angel of death until I finally spawn on my screen where I then drop to the ground.

It's getting as annoying as hell a) because I often spawn dead as I'm killed in this motionlike state so to me I'm dead before I've spawned and b) it takes me ages to get back into the game each time.

Anyone else having this, or come across this with anyone else?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Sounds like a connection problem to me. Have you tried opening all ports and disabling any firewalls to double check you're not being restricted in some manner?

Soldato
OP
@Dup. I have tested with both the Windows and my hardware firewall disabled (eeek)

@dragy2k. It's set to ignore my games folder anyway, but surely it wouldn't effect a particular aspect of a game would it?

This never happened during the beta and I get a perfect game in respect to everything else. Only difference I can think of is this is my first EA Downloader game. Is it worth while deleting it and trying again or am I wasting my time there?#
Might run a wireshark session and see if that kicks anything up.

Back
Top Bottom