Where can i get hold of helvetica font.... for free?!

Associate
Hi, i have the 2003 version of Microsoft Word, and was quite surprised to discover it does not have the helvetica font (although i thought this was one of the most used fonts?!). Is there any way of getting hold of free helvetica fonts? I need to submit some work in this font!

Cheers,

John

Pho

Pho

Soldato
500pxhelvarialsvg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica#Similar_typefaces

Can't you just use Arial?

Soldato
Hi, i have the 2003 version of Microsoft Word, and was quite surprised to discover it does not have the helvetica font (although i thought this was one of the most used fonts?!). Is there any way of getting hold of free helvetica fonts? I need to submit some work in this font!

Cheers,

John

Has someone seriously asked you to submit work in such a specific font?

As long as it's easy to read, submit it anything, surely?

Soldato
Wow that's a pretty specific request; why do they want it in that particular font? On an unrelated note, your Trust isn't activated. Click 'trust' in your post to set it up and add an email address, or email me at my domain email in my own trust. I want to ask you about something.

Associate
You could try fontyukle.com never used it but seems ok when i just downloaded the file it didn't show as a virus etc but i would double check yourself before using.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Haha, indeed it does sound crazy that the font has to be in Helvetica! It wouldn't usually matter, but because its a group project everything has to match for continuity. Yeah i think i will just use Ariel, its pretty much identical! Paying money for a font would most probably bring me to tears!

Cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom