Walkabout DSLR bag?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Hello guys,

What do you chaps recommend? I am looking for a bag to house my 40D along with walkabout lens (looking to buy the 24-70 at the end of the month) so would just need to be that, a spare battery and that so not a large bag.

What I aim to do is buy two, one bag for when my collection starts to build up again (like the computrekker or similar) but for the time being I just wish to a bag for general walkabout.

Also, whilst you are in here, I know there is quite a difference in price, but what would be recommended for me to get as a general walkabout lens? I was pretty set on getting the 24-70, but also thought of the 17-40, however, now I'm thinking would I be better with something like the 24-105 F4 L IS? Cost at the moment isn't a great issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a Crumpler Pretty Boy XXXL for my 40D and it also can hold my 70-200L,
so maybe a smaller crumpler may suit you for the 40D and lens only.
As far as the 24-105 F4 L IS goes, I've just bought one and my initial view is that it is sharper than the Sigma 17-70 it's replacing but then again it's much more expensive!

Sigma has to go now to fund the 24-105!

Soldato
I use a Lowepro Toploader as my walkabout/quick access bag & backpack type for when carrying everything incl. the kitchen sink as if need be you can use both together.
You can buy different sizes of Toploader to suit your needs & you can add to it if required (I've added a case for another lens & a water bottle holder).

Associate
Another vote for the lowepro toploader here, I've had mine for around 3 years and theres very little wear on it, I'm very impressed with the quality of it and it fits my 30d + 17-50 with room to spare so should be fine with a 40d and either lens.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks, I looked at the toploader, seems great so will go and have a look tomorrow. On to my next question, save me clogging the forum with extra threads... Would one for the 17-40L, 24-70L or the 24-105 L?

Back
Top Bottom