recommend me a sata 2.5 for my lappy

ATI

ATI

Associate
hello all

i currently have a western digital WD3200BEVT which i think its slow on startup loading time and just general laoding of apps, games but specially every now and than windows 7 and HD take about 5 mins on loading something after boot or installing and uninstalling of programs.

so i,m looking for a faster HD basically same size or slightly bigger if better value for money, but it really have to be faster.

i came across this:

320GB WesternDigital WD3200BJKT Scorpio Black, is this any good?

any recommendations please?

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Deffo see a big improvement with a 7,200rpm such as the WD Black, startup & general multi-tasking is so much smoother than a 5,400rpm drive.

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
thanks for that, its really strange with my current HD, it loads up windows and afterwards it still there seeking like is loading million things on taskbar which is not the case since i only have 7 items and using ESET AV which is pretty light compare to the rest. it doesnt do it all the time.

Man of Honour
It can be disabled but I'm not sure why you'd want to. If the stuff you need isn't already in RAM when you want it then the system needs to load it from disk there and then which is going to make the system feel slower.

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
well i kind of left it because of something like that, but is so annoying when your working or gaming and all of a sudden the HD start to seek for 5-10 mins.

Soldato
The Black will only be a little faster than the Blue you have and I don't think you issue is with the drive really. The 500 and 640GB laptop drives have better transfer rates than the Black but slightly lower access times.

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
cheers for that, all i need really is something reliable and quick where random pauses as i call them well dont occur or if they do it will be quick

Back
Top Bottom