The Alan Titchmarsh Show on gaming

Soldato
it's hilarious that they don't seem to grasp that films are rated as games, if you wouldn't let your child watch a 12a, 15 or 18 then you shouldn't be buying them the latest GTA, CoD, L4D etc for the exact same reasons.

Children are damaged far more by over exposure to adult situations than they are to games and movies (although these will play a part (but again, certification is there for a reason).

Soldato
"Should our kids be exposed to violence" :rolleyes: Here is an idea don't buy the games for them no matter how much they whine, cry and complain? There are age ratings for a reason... Games make us violent? That stupid ***** in the middle is making me violent right now, I just wish I could jump through the screen and slap some sense into her ;):D

Caporegime
"Should our kids be exposed to violence" :rolleyes: Here is an idea don't buy the games for them no matter how much they whine, cry and complain? There are age ratings for a reason... Games make us violent? That stupid ***** in the middle is making me violent right now, I just wish I could jump through the screen and slap some sense into her ;):D

Do you think your over exposure to playing computer games, at an age rating higher than your age at the time, has caused this anger overload? :p

On a serious note, they did touch on the real issue (assuming everyone can agree watching films or playing games below their respective age ratings is "wrong"), which is Games are interactive, movies are not.

rp2000

Associate
I find it ironic that the stereotype of someone who plays a lot of video games is a timid freckly "nerd" who probably get bullied and has no friends and yet equally ignorant people also argue that they are the root of all evil and turn children into violent monsters.

Soldato
Do you think your over exposure to playing computer games, at an age rating higher than your age at the time, has caused this anger overload? :p

No I blame it on not being able to tolerate complete idiots :p The games industry does plenty to self regulate itself with parental controls etc, but it's never enough. The simplest way for kids to not play these games is for their parents to be responsible, but I guess thats asking too much when the vocal majority of people are complete and utter morons :o

Soldato
I loled at this aswell :D

teehee :D

omg alans comment of "but its at home" omg

that women omg serious ... promting rage

theres a proven link of people who play games eg tetris you improve your your noggins ability as well as can deal with emotion better than none gamers jeeez :rolleyes: (cant find the source for the last one)

I had the best one the other day from my cousins wife, "my mate bought her (13 year old son here) cod mw 2 and then the next day he became violent, depressive and didnt leave his room" yeah sure hes 13 no hormones there, maybe just in a mood or the fact that hes playing a game that is 5 years over than him. I simply laughed at her

Associate
I loled when the woman said something like "i am against violence for entertainment" and everyone clapped. As if I'm supposed to believe that every single person in that audience never watches any tv shows movies or reads any books that contain any kind of violence. Idiots.

The fact that people who don't know anything about video games think that they are qualified to take part on in a debate on them is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom