Microphone ports suddenly stopped working

Associate
I'm a regular user of skype. The other day i made a call and the other person could not hear me. I tried two different mics in both mic ports (front and rear) and still nothing. Why would it stop working so suddenly when the speakers are working perfectly. Could this still be an issue with the sound card?

Cheers,

John

Soldato
had issues with skype muting microphones if it decides something is wrong. Check to see it hasn't muted them, there is an option in Skype to automatically adjust setting or similiar!

Associate
OP
Hello. It turned out to be a strange combination of problems. It appears the microphone on the headset i was using has broken. However, when i tried my other mic this also wouldn't function which led me to believe it was a hardware issue, although the sound card appeared to be functioning normally.

A friend of mine (through trial and error) discovered there was a strange confliction between the front and rear microphone ports which only came to light after the fault with the faulty head set! very annoying as it really didn't make sense and almost led me to consider replacing sound card! Thanks for your replies anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom