• Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can someone do me a quick favour and tell me what the current version of the game is? Appears on the bottom right hand corner when it starts. Mine's showing 523648, still trying to get the game to connect to servers.

Mine says 522174

The game appears to be broken for me. It seems all the fun has vanished :/

Doesn't matter what server I join, and what class I play I just haven't been able to have any enjoyment in this game since the weekend. Granted I've been in a pretty foul mood in general through being tired and having a crap start to the week at work. But I swear playing this game it feels like I have a huge neon sign above my head which flashes saying "shoot this guy first"

:(

I know what your saying mate about that, i have a feeling you'd be best checking the server info first to make sure Punkbuster is ON, the game seems full of hackers doing there thing, but i find i have much better experience on servers with Punbuster ON.

Lag is getting no better, some games its really bad and sometimes its good, but its very hit and miss at the minute.

C64

C64

Soldato
Why is punkbuster still off on most servers? is there a hack out which has the orange arrow above all enemys at all times ?

Last edited:
Associate
Had a few good games over the last few days on the OcUK server. Should be better now conquest and rush maps in the rotation as it can get boring just doing one mode all the time.

Soldato
On BT by any chance?

Well it was BT before Vodafone took their business over here (Ireland). I've done pretty much all the local stuff - opening ports, running as admin, turning off firewalls, deleting steam autoupdate and clientregistry files, re-downloading the whole thing from steam again. It's got to be at the server end or something my ISP has set.

Associate
to be honest When Spybot search and destroy is visable near the clock as a small icon I would get kicked eventually, now the only internet program I have on is Microsoft essentials and Spybot search and destroy closed, I do now not loose connection to EA ie have to log back in.

C64

C64

Soldato
There's certainly a new spawn hack out I have seen people spawn from thin air tonight right in front of my eyes.No squad in sight, sticking to punkbuster on filter only from now on.Doubt it's a bug because I only see high level players spawning from thin air.
Was pretty much a given hax would ruin this game like it does most pc fps I spose.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i know another aimbot was added to pb other day and a lot more were caught and a multihack one .not heard anything bout the spawn one though. maybe a skin hack or something.

Caporegime
for some reason i can;t use the mortar strike on your sever dg works fine o nothers and other people on the server are using it fine.

Soldato
How does that mean its turned on though lol, it says false instead of true...

Read LOAM thread here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16224757&postcount=7560

Some bright spark discovered that by starting your server with PB on then logging into rcon you can hit the "pb off" button and your server will tell the master servers you are not running PB, how ever you can not turn PB off without a server restart so its not really being switched off at all.

The command i posted above simply sends a command to turn it off after 30 seconds rather than going to the console and doing it manually, but the reality is it stays on ingame but the EA master server now displays your server in the the PB filtered results

see here also

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/978118-tips-fill-server-3.html

EA/DICE are so slow and letting us down so much we all have to turn to cack handed fixes like this from the community

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom