• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is there a D0 stepping of i7 965?

Associate
Hi folks,

I have a chance of picking up a cheap i7 965 and I'm just wondering how well do these things overclock - is there a D0 stepping or are they all C0?

It's basically the same price as a i7 920 which I would be going for otherwise, and normally they cost a fortune. Just not sure if it's worth it considering I'm looking at overclocking and not stock speeds.

Thanks!

Soldato
The D0 stepping of the 965 is called the 975.

I wouldn't like to guess which of the 920 D0 and 965 would overclock better. Can't imagine there's much in it on air or water cooling.

Associate
OP
Well I'm going for a quiet wc'd system and aiming for around 4ghz.

I'd normally pick a 920/930 but this just popped out of nowhere and I can get a second-hand 965 for the same price as a new 920. Just not sure if it's worth it, since it seems to be C0 stepping. (ie. it's not 975)

Back
Top Bottom