Mini keyring-sized digital camera/camcorder

Associate
I just find it funny that everyone wants to plonk it somewhere on\in their car for some reason. :D
Everyone went mad and ordered cameras and now they want to use them. The quickest 'interesting' videos that test the camera performance with both video and sound is in the car. I want to take mine out on a boat, on a roller coaster etc, general interesting places that i dont do daily. So for now to see if they are worth the money when i have some free time il be strapping a few to my car and having a play to see what i can come up with!

Others have highlited interest in a cat/dog cam, but asides from that i can think of very few instant methods of playing with the camera! :)

Soldato
Woohoo, just arrived.

Very impressed with the build quality & size - much smaller and better than i'd imagined.

Had a quick 2 minute video play around, quality doesn't look too bad outside.

Will attach to my bike at 12pm to film my ride home then will youtube later
Will find duct tape

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Wait mine has not arrived yet but...the specs say it records at 720x480 so why are the sample videos people posting all at a 4:3 style aspect ratio?

Are the videos taken directly off the sd card in widescreen?

Caporegime
Wait mine has not arrived yet but...the specs say it records at 720x480 so why are the sample videos people posting all at a 4:3 style aspect ratio?

Are the videos taken directly off the sd card in widescreen?

From the mine of information on the website:

Camera #3 takes a 640x480 image and upconverts it to 720x480 in the AVI file. There is no PAR (pixel aspect ratio) property in an AVI file and pixels are assumed to be square. If you play this file with square pixels it will look distorted (a circle will look like a wide oval). To avoid this distortion force the player to 4:3 DAR (display aspect ratio) or re-encode the video to a 4:3 DAR.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Bah thanks, that means I'll have to Virtualdup every video and use the resize filter to crop to 16:9.

Not a huge issue I guess, only a £9 camera after all with no screen so results should be interesting!

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Just open the small envelope :D it's a nice build! On charge atm using the USB stick thing that came with it. Will it be okay if i just leave it in and forget about it? Or does it have to be exact 2 hours charge?

Also had it in my mind that it was sound activation etc?

Soldato
Woohoo, just arrived.

Very impressed with the build quality & size - much smaller and better than i'd imagined.

Had a quick 2 minute video play around, quality doesn't look too bad outside.

Will attach to my bike at 12pm to film my ride home then will youtube later
Will find duct tape

Find a way to attach it to the inside of the wheel sometime, probably best at or near the centre, this would look cool i reckon.

Soldato
hmmm a bit stuttery on metacafe, but source file isn't

also sorry about the angle, slightly too high!
(it's my bike ride from work to home for a spot of lunch)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4356123/key_ring_camera_ocuk_test/

i'll do another tomorrow with some blue skies and a better angle. Also do some boat tests on Saturday. Will also do low against the wheel shots, could be quite arty

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
hmm well ive had this cam on charge since 11am ish and its amber(orage) led is on it hasn't flickerd (or changed colour) i've manged to take a picture with it.

How do you rec with this thing? :p

Soldato
hold down the button closest to the lens for a few seconds until you get three very quick flashes. Light goes off, but it's recording

Back
Top Bottom