• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E6400 or 7850BE

Associate
just a quick one chaps....

Im currently running an AMD 7850BE @ stock (because ive not done much overclocking in the past couple of years), but Ive got the offer of an E6400 (conroe).

Now hopefully, I could get the C2D to 3ghz or so, and I wonder if so, which of the two (7850 or E6400) would you recommend I go with?

many thanks all.

Soldato

The Intel E6400 has 2MB of L2 cache unlike the higher end E6000 series dual core processors.

The 2MB L2 cache E4000 series is very similar in performance to the 2MB L2 E6000 series dual core processors AFAIK.

Here is a comparison of the 2.6GHZ E4700 and the 2.7GHZ X2 7750:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/default.aspx?p=63&p2=90&c=1

TBH,I would get both setups and overclock them both to 3GHZ and run a few benchmarks to see which is faster.

Associate
OP
The C2D would be the faster PC

What mobo is it?

not certain.

Its an old evesham model (one of the top of the range ones from 2006 or so with that strange DaCApo con LCD case. If my memory serves me well, Evesham used to stick decent stuff in their PCs before they went bump.

I suppose it can't be worse than the foxconn Im running the 7850 on atm though :p

I'll dig up some more info and update the thread....

Associate
OP
sorry for the delay in updating this...but details are

E6600 chip (not the E6400 that i thought, even better its one of the nice Costa Rica versions!)
Foxconn 975X mobo

Am I right in assuming this is going to be better than my 7850BE (as above), both will be run with OCZ ReaperX PC6400 ram.

as an aside, I was right about evesham sticking decent stuff in their PCs...Seasonic 600w PSU and Creative Fatality soundcard!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom