The curious case of the pruned points

Associate
So, I'm working away from home at the moment and don't really have very much opportunity to check how things are folding@home. I was at home at the weekend and I know that I'd passed the 7M mark (I think this was Friday - I don't really want to post a tiffy until 10), but I look now and I'm sitting at 6.9M and it's Wednesday night. Now... by my calculations, I should be going up in points, not down...

Anyone know what's going on here?

Man of Honour
Wasn't keeping an eye mate but it all looks ok from what I can see. There were some lost bigadv bonuses earlier this week.

Associate
OP
Yeah, but it's points that I already had!

I've just done the 7M tiffy for the second time in seven days! I pondered putting up the last one a week ago, but the spate of team tiffies had stopped, so decided against it. :confused:

Oh well, hopefully at least the science got done... and they make a neat gun... :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've been keeping an eye on you as you're in my sights (or will be once my average gets up to what it should be). Can't say I've noticed your total score getting over 7 million but I've been more interested in your 24hr average.

Associate
OP
I've been keeping an eye on you as you're in my sights (or will be once my average gets up to what it should be). Can't say I've noticed your total score getting over 7 million but I've been more interested in your 24hr average.

Unless I'm "finally" losing it, I definitely had the 7M already (wish I had posted it now!).

As for the 24 hr average.... I have a sneaking suspicion that you're going to be taking that top spot sooner than you think (but I'll have it back again - I assure you that I'm still alive... still alive! ;))

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
(but I'll have it back again - I assure you that I'm still alive... still alive! ;))

O RLY :p

I only just got everything working as it should recently (fingers crossed) so EOC stats haven't caught up yet. By the middle of the week, it should be showing around 80k per day. Can you match that? Hopefully you can - would be good for the team and the project and make things interesting at the top - especially once wee beastie gets finished (get a move on Biffa :p).

I have a couple of Q6600s in reserve in case things get close and the few extra thousand points are needed but I'm reluctant to run them unless it becomes a fight.

Back
Top Bottom