*** Show us your Dogs ***

Associate
omg your 'blabs' are gorgeous!
are they trials / gun dogs? they've got that gorgeous working stock build!

4414535428_258f9ea93c.jpg

he's 22 weeks old today! (pic was taken at the weekend)

Soldato
A new addition to our family, a 2-year-old Siberian Husky called Diesel:

27079_10150134230500010_585640009_11234286_344113_n.jpg

27079_10150134231705010_585640009_11234287_7227416_n.jpg

That is one seriously good looking dog!

What are Husky's like mate? I really want one, was going back and forward about one 2 years ago when I got my Lab instead but still really want a Husky one day

How much looking after do they take?

Caporegime
That is one seriously good looking dog!

What are Husky's like mate? I really want one, was going back and forward about one 2 years ago when I got my Lab instead but still really want a Husky one day

How much looking after do they take?

I'd research them....if you just 'get one' and have no idea how they'll behave you'll just end up getting rid of it and putting it into rehab homes / welfare like most of the others people buy on instinct because they look nice.

Soldato
I'd research them....if you just 'get one' and have no idea how they'll behave you'll just end up getting rid of it and putting it into rehab homes / welfare like most of the others people buy on instinct because they look nice.

Erm like I said I went for a Lab instead and that was only 2 years ago (less to be exact) and have no intention of getting rid of him.... in fact he means the world to me so you can spare me the lecture

And the fact I was asking the owner the question as to what they were like shows I'm doing my research rather than just getting one on a whim which due to me having a Lab wont be in the foreseeable future anyway

Caporegime
Erm like I said I went for a Lab instead and that was only 2 years ago (less to be exact) and have no intention of getting rid of him.... in fact he means the world to me so you can spare me the lecture

And the fact I was asking the owner the question as to what they were like shows I'm doing my research rather than just getting one on a whim which due to me having a Lab wont be in the foreseeable future anyway

Wait wait wait...you've taken it the wrong way :p

I wasn't even talking about your Lab, I was specifically talking about Huskies as they are generally harder to maintain than a 'normal' dog due to the way that they behave :)

They are harder to 'keep happy' as such, and can be a nuiasance because of this :)

Soldato
I was specifically talking about Huskies as they are generally harder to maintain than a 'normal' dog due to the way that they behave :)

They are harder to 'keep happy' as such, and can be a nuiasance because of this :)

Yeah that's what I was asking, my girlfriend has told me when we were looking at getting a dog that Husky's can have a 'suspect' temperament. Just wondered in what way :)

Soldato
I would have said she was a cross between a boxer and something else nice dog though! I absolutely love the husky. I know someone who has been trying to get rid of one for over a year now becaue it's too difficult for them to walk. If I had the time and room for her I would definitely take her.

Back
Top Bottom