Is OCUK to big for it's staff to deal with Properly

Soldato
15 minutes isn't bad really, had to wait much longer when calling telecoms firms!

Thing is, whenever I've had to call OCUK and waited, I've always had the problem dealt with - that's a sign of good service. Never had to go back to them and chase it up etc.

Soldato
At a repair centre I worked for "briefly" it was the norm to wait 2-3 hours to get through, and usually then it was the case that all the staff could tell the customer was "we're waiting for parts, but don't have an ETA" or "Repair's in progress, it takes as long as it takes." Customer's were often without their machines for 6-8 weeks at a time, and data theft was commonplace among the technicians. They'd usually arrive in the morning carrying portable hard drives for copying music, photos, movies, "home movies" etc from customer's machines, which they'd then trade among themselves. This was working on behalf of a computing giant, and they considered it the best run repair centre in Europe! :eek: Quite frankly, I was shocked and disgusted at what I saw taking place, and left, sharpish.

Soldato
He is probably hoping spie emails him and says yes we are overly busy here chap. do you want to come and run the show.

Like most decent companys there staff are probably pro active and doing other things whilst answering the phones.

unlike telecom company's where they have plenty people sitting about with their thumb up their *** waiting on YOU calling. and if you call these telecom company's and it is busy then usually something has happened or is happening

Soldato
The average customer would be surprised how complicated call forecasting and management in a call centre is.

We're getting hammered at my work today as it's lunch time.

I can second that one. Top up TV are the best at it at my work. either way to many staff or not enough lol.

But at least with us the client forecast the calls and if we have the required amount of staff and its really quiet then its the clients fault.

Associate
I've never had to wait any longer than about 10mins to get through to OcUK. Usually get through right away or within a couple of minutes. Pretty damn good service tbh compared to some companies I could mention.

Soldato
Ahhh but you're not! they seem to forget we pay their wages when they ban us
being a customer does not give you carte blanche to say/do as you please, an individual employee is worth a hell of a lot more than you as an individual customer.

(sorry, that's just a phrase that gets me particularly riled, I hear it far too often, aimed at myself of colleagues)

Along with that, the forum is distinct from the shop, not everyone on here is a customer, and not all customers are on here, if you break the rules of the forum, which being made by the administrators of the forum can be as flexible as they see fit, then you'll get banned from the forum. How you feel that affects their chances of getting repeat custom from you is upto you.

Last edited:

box

box

Associate
At a repair centre I worked for "briefly" it was the norm to wait 2-3 hours to get through, and usually then it was the case that all the staff could tell the customer was "we're waiting for parts, but don't have an ETA" or "Repair's in progress, it takes as long as it takes." Customer's were often without their machines for 6-8 weeks at a time, and data theft was commonplace among the technicians. They'd usually arrive in the morning carrying portable hard drives for copying music, photos, movies, "home movies" etc from customer's machines, which they'd then trade among themselves. This was working on behalf of a computing giant, and they considered it the best run repair centre in Europe! :eek: Quite frankly, I was shocked and disgusted at what I saw taking place, and left, sharpish.

:eek::eek: Any chance of a company name? :/ (or hint?)

Beat me to it :D

Regarding OCUK, I have to say I've been impressed overall by the level of customer service. Yes, I've occasionally waited on the phone for a while, but there's no real way to get around that. Generally speaking, I'd expect to get through within 5min though which I think is pretty good! A 15min wait is unfortunate, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not really too bad...

Permabanned
BEWARE , you may get banned for even thinking something like that around here
let alone actually posting it

How would ocuk feel about you saying that?

What do you mean (I think they are joking. It's all in reference to a thread in the Motors forum... )[/QUOTE]

Unknown how they would feel about it , but they have banned others for posting anything
bad about them
eg a friend got banned a year ago for asking why are all OCuk reviews 5 start ones ?

Soldato
No shop talk on the forums is a rule I believe. Well apart from from hidden customer forums that only the person making the query can see. As for support I only ever used email but always had next day responses so meh.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If you think about it, companies cant look over their last years records and find their peak period when they had 10 people waiting on the phone and decide that they need a few more staff.

They will have enough so that 99% of the time you can get through in a few min. Sometimes you will have no one else trying to get through and the staff will have nowt to do and other times they will be rammed. 15 minutes is nothing. I have called banks for hours, being bounced from department to department.

Back
Top Bottom