**Download Festival 2010**

Soldato
My first ever concert/festival, ive been invited to for 3 days not sure what to expect really. If im to go i would be camping there for 3 nights im not sure if thats too long.
Ive looked at the lineup and only recognise like 2 bands AC/DC and Aerosmith which i only like a hanful of there songs. Im not really a music person as you can probably tell:p but i may just go for the experience and to say ive done something pretty exciting in 2010.
Im not sure if ill get bored just listening to music for 3 days, what else is there to do, my only other entertainment is getting rat assed so i suppose that'll make it a lot more fun for me.

Caporegime
:eek: Lucky mother *****, I would kill to go to this years.

AC/DC
Them Crooked Vultures
Wolfmother
Rage Against the Machine...:D :D :D
Deftones
Megadeth
Aerosmith
Stone Temple Pilots.... :D :D :D
Motörhead

I'm probably going on holiday around that time....hmmmm holiday or go to Download?!?

Last edited:
Soldato
My brother convinced me to go again this year, missed 2-3 years.

Not really my kind of music and like you there is maybe 2-3 bands i'd like to watch.

Really looking forward to it now though, much nicer to just go with the flow and enjoy the experience! :)

EDIT: About the other stuff to do, haven't been for a few years as i say but they normally have a "cinema" and some daft rides etc.
Think its the Carling Festivals which ahve the comedy tent, not sure if Download have adopted that too or not.

Last edited:
Associate
It's awesome! Wish I could afford it this year >.< Music, drink, killer atmosphere, sometimes have BMX/ skating comps, market, rides, all sorts!

Soldato
I bloody love Download, brilliant festival. Line-up's not amazing for me (beyond Rage \o/), but the atmosphere is excellent. None of the silly kid nonsense you get at Leeds.

I will be there and I will be beer bonging like a champion. :)

Soldato
My first ever concert/festival, ive been invited to for 3 days not sure what to expect really. If im to go i would be camping there for 3 nights im not sure if thats too long.
Ive looked at the lineup and only recognise like 2 bands AC/DC and Aerosmith which i only like a hanful of there songs. Im not really a music person as you can probably tell:p but i may just go for the experience and to say ive done something pretty exciting in 2010.
Im not sure if ill get bored just listening to music for 3 days, what else is there to do, my only other entertainment is getting rat assed so i suppose that'll make it a lot more fun for me.

Camp for 5 days, it's the only way!! Best thing to do is go on YouTube and search for the bands which you don't know :)

EDIT: About the other stuff to do, haven't been for a few years as i say but they normally have a "cinema" and some daft rides etc.
Think its the Carling Festivals which ahve the comedy tent, not sure if Download have adopted that too or not.

Download do have a Comedy Tent, in the village :)

Soldato
3 days of camping just isn't enough. The wednesday and thursday are the best nights in the camp site.

I sooo can't wait for it this year :D

Soldato
I want to go but apart from Rage and Deftones lineup is a bit **** for me, not a touch on last years.

Download do have a Comedy Tent, in the village :)

Last years comedy tent was one of my best memories, walked into the guy doing offensive stuff and some girl walked past me leaving in tears :p
And the rice guy who's act I still don't get :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty good for metal fans

As I lay Dying
Unearth
Rise To Remain
Lamb Of God
Whitechapel
Job for a doodad
August Burns Red

Shame im going to Sonisphere :S Which has hardly any decent Metal apart from Fear Factory so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apologies for reviving this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Firstly, can I just say, anyone going to Download... i'm jelous :( Did my usual of just buying Glasto tickets, never even gave it a thought, but I really REALLY wish I'd gone with Download (can't afford both, oh well)

Anyway, all of you go and see Them Crooked Vultures for a start, in case you don't know them you got John Paul Jones (Led Zep) on Bass, Dave Grohl (Nirvana / Foo Fighters) on drums, Josh Homme (Kyuss / Queens of the Stone Age) on lead vocals and guitar and Alain Johannes (Queens of the stone age) should also be there on guitar, a truly monumental supergroup no one should miss.

Anyway, that said, I revived this to just give you all a heads up, a local band I have been pimping in this forum for a while is playing the red bull stage on Saturday (I think), they are called The Virginmarys, and I massively urge anybody going to try and find time to see them.

Assuming they are as good on an open stage as they are in smaller closed rooms, and I have no reason to believe they wont be, they truly rock. Kind of a mix of modern rocky blues (not doing it justice with that) and heavy psychedelic rock. I've seen them described as Motorhead bending The Kings of Leon over a barrel. That seems fair enough to me :) except I reckon all told they are better than both of them, they are on another level live compared to their albums, so its really a good chance to see a future classic band (imo).

Enjoy the festival folks! Very jelous (AC/DC ffs... ppl were paying well over £300 per ticket to see them just last year...)

Soldato
Download is by far and away the worst festival in England imo.

Do you mean the music or just the festival itself?

Being honest, I haven't ever been, and thats mainly because once I had been to Glasto, all other festivals were just lacking in every regard (bar maybe the music.)

It may seem odd that I go to Glasto given my love is in heavy rock, blues and proper rock and roll, and that really isn't what Glasto is about anymore, its all the 6 music and radio 1 "now" bands plus a few I recognise... but as a festival its just unsurpassed, you get to camp in the thick of it, can do something at literally any time of the day and in the last 5 years I haven't once had a single bit of trouble, the whole thing is just so... nice!

You simply can't argue with Downloads line up this year though, they have gone above and beyond getting the bands they have, that's a simply phenomenal headline line up...

I mean who am I getting, Stevie Wonder, Muse and U2.. GAH!! Stevie Wonder, fine, legend, but not my thing whatsoever, U2... they can literally die for all I care and Muse.. I used to like them, when I was about 15, they are just caricatures of what they used to be now though with their ridiculous pretentious "oh we're basically a classical orchestra" new stuff.

I wouldn't care if I am basically camping at a race-track and that (I imagine) the food and facilities are probably terrible, if rock and metal is your thing, Download 2010 is a major major treat...

Back
Top Bottom