Filemaker Developers?

Permabanned
Are any of you guys filemaker developers??

Its come to my attention because one of our biggest contractors based their entire system around the software and it handles their customer database, order processing, workflow, print control...everything.

As i am currently looking at getting our systems updated i have been considering this but need advice on how it would cope with our requirements and where to find a developer.

Associate
i have experience with it (well, the DB side) in Windows from way back in 2000/2001. I had to convert a db over into Access.
Would migration be an option?

Edit - I don't have any idea on it's capabilities nowerdays. Had a quick google and found varying figures about concurrent connections. Between 100 and 250? Sorry I can't be of more help!

Last edited:
Soldato
We use Filemaker in work. Old 5/6 system that's intertwined with some PHP/MySQL systems. It's always a nightmare for us!

There are plenty of Filemaker consultancies out there that could help/advise, one that we've used are called Data Therapy.

Soldato
Bit of both to be honest. The way it was originally set up however many years ago is certainly a contributing factor. The newer Filemaker versions may well be a lot better. As I said it might be worth talking to some consultancies.

Back
Top Bottom