Asus rampage III Extreme

rpg

rpg

Associate
I really do hope it's closer to £300 than £350. If it ends up being £350 and I decide to buy it, I'll really have to question my sanity. :D

But just look at it, how can I turn this down?

r3e3d.png

Associate
Will there be an OCUK overclocked bundle with this board once it hit retail?

I've just cancelled a R2E + i930 bundle, a few weeks won't make much of a difference and I'd prefer to get a R3E instead :)

Soldato
Thanks Helios for all the info. you posted up. Just wondering if you would be so kind as to post your bios settings for that 4.2 overclock. Ta.

Permabanned
I really do hope it's closer to £300 than £350. If it ends up being £350 and I decide to buy it, I'll really have to question my sanity. :D

Well, I'm planning on getting this, two MK-13s, and an X-Fi Titanium HD :x. Erm, and an I7 970 later on?? :x :x :x Seriously I ought not to get that CPU, I'll see how much it costs first when it comes out.

The only thing I need is the soundcard, the rest is just because I'm crazy, so crazy in fact that I bough 8 red led fans :x

But once its all done with this board, 2 MK-13s, 8 red fans ..... =D =D =D =D =D <---- My face in txt spk.

Epic Gaming, Overclocking, Benching, and Audio production all in one ^^. The problem is I'll never leave my room or get enough sleep :(

Last edited:

rpg

rpg

Associate
Haha, I feel special using this as we speak :D.
... and so you should. It's not fair that you have one and we can't even buy one. :D
Erm, and an I7 970 later on?? :x :x :x Seriously I ought not to get that CPU, I'll see how much it costs first when it comes out.
LOL, one step at a time mate. :D I will also do the same thing, but the price has to be reasonable.
so crazy in fact that I bough 8 red led fans :x
I've gone for the red look myself too. I think this case below (LanCool PC-K62) will go nicely with the R3E as my RAM and video card will be red/black also. Lian Li also have a nice red/black case (PC-P50R), but it's ruined IMO by the big dragon on the side.

CA-008-LN_400.jpg

Soldato
Thanks Helios for all the info. you posted up. Just wondering if you would be so kind as to post your bios settings for that 4.2 overclock. Ta.

I got 4.2 in 2 ways.

One was 21x200 using turbo mode:
CPU Voltage: 1.31875v (Which went to 1.368v in CPU-z)
QPI/DRAM Voltage: 1.3375v
DRAM bus Voltage : 1.65625v

Everything else was on auto.

The other method was using 19x220 to give 4.180ghz (Much higher QPI Link speed) :
CPU voltage: same as above
QPI/DRAM: 1.375v
DRAM bus voltage: same as above
PCIe frequency: 104mhz

I manage to boot into windows using a 230BLCK but didn't really get time to make it stable.

My chip wasn't really doing the board justice but considering I can't get above 4ghz on my Biostar X58, it goes to show how much better the Rampage is.

Last edited:
Associate
Not that I could ever afford one, but that board looks awesome. Although anyone that can afford quad GFX cards has more money than sense

Permabanned
... and so you should. It's not fair that you have one and we can't even buy one. :DLOL, one step at a time mate. :D I will also do the same thing, but the price has to be reasonable.I've gone for the red look myself too. I think this case below (LanCool PC-K62) will go nicely with the R3E as my RAM and video card will be red/black also. Lian Li also have a nice red/black case (PC-P50R), but it's ruined IMO by the big dragon on the side.

CA-008-LN_400.jpg

I want this case but I'm never spending that much money on a case:

62328306.jpg

But I'll just stick to my Antec P182.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom