OVERCLOCKED i7 980X (GULFTOWN) 4.20GHz BUNDLE BACK IN STOCK

Associate
Our ultra-high performance Overclocked i7 980X bundle is back - but only whilst stocks last. *OVERCLOCKED* Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4.20GHz Bundle now available for just £1419.99 inc VAT. Only a limited amount of bundles are being produced so BUY NOW whilst you can!

*OVERCLOCKED* Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4.20GHz Max / Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard / Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel Bundle @ £1,419.99 inc VAT

BU-016-OB_400.jpg

Representing the cream of the crop of today's bleeding edge performance hardware, OcUK's 'Extreme Bundles' are selected to satisfy the needs of the most demanding enthusiast.

OcUK Overclocked Bundles feature carefully selected components tested to assure compatability & stability, guaranteeing the integrity of the overclock.

We worry about the fiddling and tweaking, you just enjoy the performance.

This bundle ships pre-built and pre-overclocked direct from our Technical Department. All you need to do is attach the CPU cooler and power it up.

- Maximum Speed
- Maximum Stability
- Maximum Compatibility
- Maximum Overclocking

This Bundle contains the following components:

1 X LATEST! Intel Core i7 980X (Gulftown) 3.33GHz @ Upto 4.20GHz!
1 X Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
1 X Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel DDR3 Memory
1 X Prolimatech Megahalems Performance CPU Cooler
1 X Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 120mm Fan
1 X Arctic Cooling MX-3 Thermal Compound

Note - All Bundles are built and installed on demand and usually ship within 48 hours of the order being placed. During exceptionally busy periods this time can increase by 48 hours.

Note - The bundle operates above manufacturer specifications, as such it requires a quality power supply to operate with guaranteed stability. OcUK recommend a quality brand PSU for use with all our bundles such as the Corsair TX & HX range with a minimum power rating of 650W

Note - Updating the BIOS on the overclocked bundle range will void the warranty on the overclock. If you update the BIOS we will no longer be able to provide support for configuring and maintaining the CPU overclock.

Only £1,419.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
OP
Yup i agree its got quite a price tag but you can probably appreciate the processor alone is more than the motherboard memory and cooler put together :p. We've sold a few of these so people do appreciate the performance and price tag is good.

Phil

Associate
You've sold a few of them already :O thats insane!

Mind, this bundle should really include 2 120mm fans for that heatsink, and probably the best fans you can get for it at that price:p

Am also suprised you're selling the new gulftown at "only" 4.00ghz, woulda thought it'd be stable at a higher clock, or is the architecture still the same as the 4x core ones?

Associate
OP
You've sold a few of them already :O thats insane!

Mind, this bundle should really include 2 120mm fans for that heatsink, and probably the best fans you can get for it at that price:p

Am also suprised you're selling the new gulftown at "only" 4.00ghz, woulda thought it'd be stable at a higher clock, or is the architecture still the same as the 4x core ones?

The gulf town can be clocked higher but we are overly precarious on new chips on what clocks we offer, while I've seen a few gulf towns do 4.4+ it doesn't mean every single one will do it any that's what need to guarantee.

If we find 10/10 will do 4.2GHz for example then we will be in a position to re-evaluate the clock speed.

Phil

Soldato

A second fan would drop the temperatures by approximately two degrees while making the computer much louder. The silent eagle is a good fan, if the 1000rpm version can keep it cool then happy days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only a limited amount of bundles are being produced so BUY NOW whilst you can!
does this mean that this bundle is not gonna be availble anymore cos i want this bundle myself . ill be upgrading in a few months time so i hope this is still around when i goto upgrade...

Associate
OP
At this very moment in time we have a limited number of 980X chips avaliable for bundles and general sales as they are in such constraint. This bundle will of course be available long term it just means you may (depends on how quick they all sell) have to pre-order it some point due to us not having chips avaliable.

As Intel ramp up production though we'll always have them avaliable. Its just every one wants one now and they cant produce enough.

Phil

Associate
Meh..

Nice deal but expensive. Go for it if you dont have an LGA1366 board but i have one, so will be getting one at a later date and overclocking myself.

Wtf are u doing to use that processor! :D

Hf tho :)

Soldato
At this very moment in time we have a limited number of 980X chips available for bundles and general sales as they are in such constraint. This bundle will of course be available long term it just means you may (depends on how quick they all sell) have to pre-order it some point due to us not having chips avaliable.

As Intel ramp up production though we'll always have them avaliable. Its just every one wants one now and they cant produce enough.

Phil

im glad to here that thanks for the reply KA..

Associate
im realy tempted to get this deal with a 5870 is this relly a good mother board for it ? ps apartfrom the gfx card i mentioned i will get i got eveything els.

I have the 800d case and a fan controller 850w power supply and a crucial 128gb and windows 7 for it. Will all these go well together ? and has anyone had a simular configaration to say its a good motherboard and will go with a 5870 or 2 5850s well ?.

Caporegime
Lev, sounds like it will all be a great combination and OcUK compile these bundles with great care (and top-end Gigabyte motherboards are class at present)

Combine it with 2 5850s and you have a *hell* of a machine :cool:

Associate
OP
im really tempted to get this deal with a 5870 is this really a good mother board for it ? ps apart from the gfx card i mentioned i will get i got everything else.

I have the 800d case and a fan controller 850w power supply and a crucial 128gb and windows 7 for it. Will all these go well together ? and has anyone had a similar configuration to say its a good motherboard and will go with a 5870 or 2 5850s well ?.

Hi

The UD7 is a very capable board. With its latest SATA III and USB 3.0 as well as the top of the range features the board offer it is perfect for the 980X.

2 x 5850's will be faster than one 5870, but it really does depend on the upgrade path you want to take long term to whether or not you want crossfire now or later on, because two 5870's will of course out perform 2 x 5850's.

Your current case and PSU combination will be fine presuming its a high specification PSU similar to corsairs's? You may how ever want to look at a corsair 1000w PSU long term if you wish to want 5870 crossfire and you want to overclock the graphics cards.

Phil

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
remember guys, the UD7 needs a bios update in order to work with gulftown.

buying this bundle takes away the stress of having to find a bloomfield chip to do the update

leave the stress to me :D

Associate
O wait i searched the wrong thing it was actully the 1 down from this the £749 version

And sorry forgot to say yes its a corsair 850. only things addign to this and what ever cards i use is. Crucial SSD 128gb (so a lot les power needed), a fan controller a syth Floppy with the slots for the camera cards (i know floopys aint neededyet but im tired of loosing my card reader)> also will need a storage HD maybe a 640gb WD caviar black (im quite loyal to WD and seagate as these drves have never failed me). also a few fans ive replaced the fans in the case with 1s with much better airflow but forgot what 1s now but there all rated VERY good i reember that.

Associate
Will this UD7 bundle accomodate HD5780 tri-fire? What liquid cooling system waterblock can be used with this board should I wish to upgrade?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
you can trifire on this board, however the gains over normal crossfire are not too fantastic.

the £300 from the third 5870 would be better spent on an SSD imho

what i would reccomend is that if you did want to watercool the board you have two options

the northbridge already comes with a waterblock preinstalled, you can also have a look at EK Waterblocks rage of full cover blocks if you want to take things into the realm of full customisation.

Associate
OP
There is new ud7 waterblock from EK im looking to get in so that would be good. Just remember though using a waterblock can invalidate the motherboard warranty.

If your interested let me know and ill get you some pricing.

I also have to agree with rjoneill and say tri-crossfire is not the best investment of money. It also needs a very high power PSU as most are only dual card capable.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom