• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Vapor-X manufacture codes

Associate
Anyone know the difference in the cards between these two mfc's

Mfr#: 11161-05-40R

Mfr#: 11161-03-50R

Trying to find a version one of the board(black pcb),
with the vertical power sockets.

Soldato
Mfr#: 11161-03-50R

That is the blue PCB board with the PCI power connectors on the back of the card, I know as I've just purchased one a month ago....

I too was a tad upset about the power being on the back, it really did hinder my HDD in an Antec 900 gaming case...

Associate
OP
Cheers mate, just asked you the same question in the other Vapor-X thread, lol!!!

Think I'll risk going for the 11161-05-40R version, and hope its the Mk1.

Can someone with the Mk1 (black PCB) check the manufacture code on the box for me?.

cheers

Man of Honour
ahh i see what ur getting at now, just noticed OCuk have both in stock :o
one looks like its @ stock ATI speeds (850/1200) the other pre-tweaked (875/1250)

Associate
Just bought a pair of 11161-03-50Rs, hopefully they are indeed the newer card. Not fussed about power connector location, but revised design is usually better.

Associate
Lower speck parts used in revision 2 to cut costs ;(, criminal if you ask me!!!!!

....and the idle noise is twice what is was before apparently, although the load noise is reduced. Why on earth did they increase idle fan speed when the card is already running so cool!

I've got one on order so will find out if the idle fan speed is a problem soon enough (it cannot be changed by the usual tools).

jij

jij

Associate
The new one with the short blue PCB also doesnt support voltage tweaking.
I just brought one too, and found it was a Rev 2. With no way to tweak voltages. Very fustrating. It's still a great card and mine is stable at 925Mhz (I use MSI afterburner).
But such a waste! It only gets to around 74°C (Furmark) and 69°C (gaming). So it could go a lot higher and faster if it was allowed to.

Soldato
I just brought one too, and found it was a Rev 2. With no way to tweak voltages. Very fustrating. It's still a great card and mine is stable at 925Mhz (I use MSI afterburner).
But such a waste! It only gets to around 74°C (Furmark) and 69°C (gaming). So it could go a lot higher and faster if it was allowed to.

Was the one you got the one from this week only.

Soldato
I was wondering if the model you have is the same one that's on this week only, am tempted with one with summer coming up and temperatures rocketing up on my 5850 as its over-clocked to 900/1200 i touch 70c+ with high fan settings.

I don't mind selling mine on to get the vapour x model for a few reasons, the better cooler and less noise and the obvious one it won't need such a high overclock compared to what i have now.

All of us on 5850's get fantastic over-clocks and temps now but we all had these in the winter time, it will be a different thing in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom