laptop charger volts and amps

Associate
ok dude's i have just been given a laptop with no charger and im wondering if i can use one i have knocking around here,

the laptop is a hi-grade 8050q, the charger that should be with it should have the output of 19V / 3.42A / 65W

i have one here thats close but no cigar, its a hp one with output of 19v /3.16A /60W

Anyone know if this charger will be ok to run it off of???? :confused:

Soldato
Hmm, iv done this in the past but only with closely matched ratings, very close, and just to test to see if it works, but if it fries it, dont blame me. If your thinking of running it normally then buy a proper charger for it (official one) if possible

Associate
OP
Hmm, iv done this in the past but only with closely matched ratings, very close, and just to test to see if it works, but if it fries it, dont blame me. If your thinking of running it normally then buy a proper charger for it (official one) if possible

thanks for the reply, i have had it up and running on the hp charger and it seems fine but i made sure i took the battery out just in case, but im still not quite sure so posted it here.

Soldato
Cool, just go easy on it, correctly rated chargers can easily be picked up from the bay quite cheaply. Thats where I get mine from

Picked up an official toshiba charger for £16 RRP around £30

Where abouts in wales are you? Im from Monmouthshire

Associate
I prefer using same Volt and bigger amps rather smaller amps. because it will fries all IC regulator chips if you are using smaller amps. this is what i thought.

Back
Top Bottom