Where's the logic?

I thought it would be nice to have a few stories here, where the first thing that springs to mind is "Where's the logic?"

So here goes. Recently on eBay, I sold a Sharp minidisc recorder which included 10 discs, rechargeable battery, A/C mains adapter/charger, headphones, tabletop microphone, a few leads, remote control all packed in a purpose built carrying bag. For this fairly comprehensive piece of kit, I only got £9 final bid for it.

Again recently, after my Sharp minidisc sale, I found 10 more blank minidiscs. I therefore listed that as a new auction. This ALONE, got me another £9.

I'm like what the...?

Soldato
I thought it would be nice to have a few stories here, where the first thing that springs to mind is "Where's the logic?"

So here goes. Recently on eBay, I sold a Sharp minidisc recorder which included 10 discs, rechargeable battery, A/C mains adapter/charger, headphones, tabletop microphone, a few leads, remote control all packed in a purpose built carrying bag. For this fairly comprehensive piece of kit, I only got £9 final bid for it.

Again recently, after my Sharp minidisc sale, I found 10 more blank minidiscs. I therefore listed that as a new auction. This ALONE, got me another £9.

I'm like what the...?

There it is!

Soldato
^ Lol.

It's because people usually don't want to buy all the items in a bundle therefore will only bid how much they would want to get one or two items, and if they get the whole lot for the same price, then profit for them. If that makes sense.

Soldato
OP
Ahhh yes, that's true Razor. I sold my Sharp minidisc as a bundle because that's how I originally got it when purchased new from an electrical store. It did come with 20 blank minidiscs though and because I lost 10, I listed the bundle as having 10 minidiscs. A week later, I found the other 10 when I was doing a clear-out and listed those separately.

I was wondering if any Ocker's had similar stories? Another "where's the logic?" that springs to mind - a few years back, I've moved into a house-share (rented), and in about week 3, I had an unsolicited letter trying to sell me a personalised car registration plate of "K2 BGD". How the hell did they know all of my initials? I've only been in this house for 3 weeks and even the landlord didn't know all of my names. Creepy!

Soldato
i've seen items with bids on from about 10+ different people, bidding the item up to a price a fair bit higher than it is available for 2 items down (from the same seller) for a buy it now price

Back
Top Bottom