Whats a good amp?

Associate
I originally bought a cambridge audio 340A SE but thats fallen through and ive been refunded, im looking at getting either the same again or maybe the 540A V2 which i can get for cheaper.

Honestly though i dont know, is it worth it? Are these cambridge audio amps actually better than the £99 pioneer ones from amazon? Theres no real specs to compare and i have no idea whats inside them, i dont really like paying for a name with no actual benefit.

Any advice or suggestions? The amp would recieve audio from a xonar STX then send it out to a pair of wharfdale diamond 10.2's.

Soldato
The Cambridge Audio is stuff is well regarded, so I'd say they were worth the money but if you're fancying a change though, you could possibly look for a cheap NAD amp as they go very well with the Wharfdale speakers.

You'd probably get much better advice if this was moved to the Home Cinema & HiFi forum.

Associate
OP
Ah i never noticed we had a home & cinema forum heh. Well in the meantime i got impatient and decided stuff it ill go to richer sounds and just get the best amp i can there, ended up with a marantz pm6003. Sounds great so far :)

Back
Top Bottom