• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

hd4850 crossfire

Associate
Got my new hd4850 today and all seems well in crossfire so far. On the control centre one of my cards was clocked at 625/1008 and the other 650/1000 which has got me confused as to why they have differant values. Anyway do i leave them at that or match them up to the 650 or down to the 625.

And also when running crossfire do I need the control centre running in the background for it to work or can I close it as ccc is something I only use to check my temp on the card.

Thanks

Soldato
nice work on the Xfire, the 4850's make a good budget work horse :)

I always have CCC in the system try as the Catalyst AI and xfire settings have to be running i think mate.

what system you running them with btw?

Associate
OP
I have a pq5 pro turbo mobo with a q6600 clocked to 3ghz,My psu is the ocz 600w stealthXtreme

At the moment I have run Empire Total war and Just cause 2 and I get vertical lines running wild up and down the screen which is not good.

I have got metro 2033 which i am waiting to install as I have just rebuilt everything last tuesday and today was the arrival of my 2nd 4850,So any help on that problem as well would be appreciated

Associate
OP
tested each card had to go dvi/vga as have'nt got a dvi/hdmi dongle but it works on there own hdmi on card one and dvi/vga on other

On system information i have this along side my hd4800 series
intel(r) 4 chipset pci express root port -2e21 as a conflict error

So both cards work fine what ever the connection,maybe it wants two bridge connections?

i have tested three game Empire and napoleon and just cause 2 all the same

Any help or suggestions please

Associate
OP
I downloaded radeon bios editor and there was a message on card two - YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED THE POWER CABLE TO YOUR VIDEO CARD.PLEASE REFER TO THE 'GETTING STARTED GUIDE' FOR PROPER HARDWARE INSTALLATION.

I have my 2nd pcie 6pin connector in and the card has power.

The other thing I found out was my 600w ocz has the two pcie connectors running off the same 12v rail while one of my 12v rails sits on the cpu2 connection which is unplugged

Anyone have any knowledge of the bios editor

Back
Top Bottom