Apple holding iPhone OS 4 event, April 8th!

Soldato
Read back and see how that is just wrong.

Even just look at the image I posted.

1, you can drop the atitude im just trying to understand.

Sorry for not seeing a pic, and yes, that does look misleading, but I would never buy such a product without a little research to be honest.

Associate
Historically the new iPhones have been released / announced at WWDC, which is in June. You've got another couple of months wait yet.

Soldato
Overall, it was rather dissappointing given that we know our devices are capable of a great deal more. Hell they didn't even change the tired and dated homescreen. Still, 1500 new API's is a great boost for developers...possibly to produce more crap, but I guess time will tell.

Caporegime
1, you can drop the atitude im just trying to understand.

Sorry for not seeing a pic, and yes, that does look misleading, but I would never buy such a product without a little research to be honest.

Sorry, still quite ****ed. :p

Just tried to contact the seller (competitor) but their online email form doesn't work and they don't have an email address available. :rolleyes:

In-store "False Advertising" fuss on the way.

Soldato
Sorry, still quite ****ed. :p

Just tried to contact the seller (competitor) but their online email form doesn't work and they don't have an email address available. :rolleyes:

In-store "False Advertising" fuss on the way.

Its fine, but yes, with the "NEW" sitting like that stright off teh store you would assume seeing the new OS being sent out in the SUmmer that it was able to run it, so I would go down the false advertising route, is that screen shot from the same page/ link that you clicked on to buy it?

Caporegime
Its fine, but yes, with the "NEW" sitting like that stright off teh store you would assume seeing the new OS being sent out in the SUmmer that it was able to run it, so I would go down the false advertising route, is that screen shot from the same page/ link that you clicked on to buy it?

Bought in-store, but it's the same information on the catalogue.

Hard to find any information that officially states the 8GB is a 2nd Gen model though to back me up.

Associate
Not too bad - though I was hoping for a new iPhone announcement - my iPhone contract has just run out and I don't want to go for the 3Gs because I know there will be a new one just round the corner. I can wait for a few months still..

Soldato
This argument is pointless. Even if they labelled it the 3rd generation, the SOGA does not apply. You were never promised OS 4.0.

Apple will simply correct themselves and say "btw, the update won't be coming to 3rd gen 8GB model".

Caporegime
This argument is pointless. Even if they labelled it the 3rd generation, the SOGA does not apply. You were never promised OS 4.0.

Apple will simply correct themselves and say "btw, the update won't be coming to 3rd gen 8GB model).

No, I wasn't, but by labelling it 3rd Gen in-store, they were advertising it as having the improved hardware. Something that is promised and is certainly not pointless.

Soldato
Prob why ive just thought it was an iPhone 3G, ive just seen the 8GB.

Anywho, I own a 3GS, it was my first iPhone purchase, im very happy with th Dev release, as thsi will mean better than expected things for teh end user.

THe multitasking/ App switching progress alone makes it now the perfect phone for me, assuming the Apps I use most are updated to benifit this.

Back
Top Bottom