• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Athlon II Max Vcore 24/7

Man of Honour
Simple question cant seem to find the answer anywhere. Whats the max safe voltage on the Athlon II chips for 24/7 usage.

Building a budget rig for the misses, So I'll get some results up once she's sorted the rest of the money for the build

Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2/ Athlon II 240

Soldato
Dunno what the max safe voltage is? . . . I've been using 1.55vCore for several months and everything seems fine! :) . . . . Not seen temps much above 55°C at extreme loads . . . normal full loads are sub 40°C most of the time (Air) . . .

On the UnderVolting side of things two Athlon™ II's that I've tested have both run a mild overclock using 1.200vCore (1.425VID & 1.350VID) :cool:

Athlon™ II X2 240 . . . . give it hell! :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Thought i'd be hearing from you.

I'm hoping for around 3.2 but thats optimistic as its going to living in an asus ta-861

i might try and squeeze a coolit eco in there if tubing will reach the front of the case, so I can have it folding

Back
Top Bottom