Fiat 500 Abarth - any opinions?

Associate
Currently looking at ideas for a car for the other half, and liking the look of the Fiat 500 Abarth.

Has anyone on here owned/driven one? Whats the general concensus on these?

Associate
I'd love a 500 Abarth. Never driven one but read that they drive well, and in my opinion they look great :). If that makes me a hairdresser so be it :p.

Would the other half appreciate an Abarth though or would she be as happy with the standard 500?

Edit: Ah didn't know the standard 500 was rubbish, discount my last sentence :D.

Man of Honour
Just get a 1.2 Lounge, it'll look the same, she'll be just as happy, but you wont get that sinking feeling you'll get when you realised how much you've just paid for so little car.

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;16326079 said:
Just get a 1.2 Lounge, it'll look the same, she'll be just as happy, but you wont get that sinking feeling you'll get when you realised how much you've just paid for so little car.

Come on, thats stretching it a little. In BMW terms, its like saying buy a female a 320se instead of a 335i sport, they look the same right?

I must have forgotten that no female can enjoy a faster, better specced car. Just because your g/f has settled for an underpowered Vauxhall, doesn't mean they all have to!

Brand new 1.2 Lounge - nearly 11.5k for a decent spec. 1 year old model, not a lot less.

1 Year old Abarth - Starting to get around the £12-12.5k mark.

Man of Honour
I doubt she really cares about getting a hot hatch. You just want her to so you can enjoy it. Which is fine, but be honest :p

Soldato
These do look pretty sweet don't they:

262qqaa.jpg

A friend of mine popped an Abarth kit on a regular 2001 Fiat Punto and he had no end of problems with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom