Wireless Solution?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I live in a house that is joined up to a flat next door. We knocked part of the wall down and put a door there so we have easy access etc.

The Virgin modem and router is situated in the house, on the middle floor. When trying to access the internet in the flat next door, we get a really slow connection. In the house it's fine. I even bought some of those USB N Cards from OC, but it's still a flakey connection..

I have a few spare routers about, is there a way to set up another router in the flat so that we have another access point for the few laptops in the flat? Would that work with just 1 modem? Was thinking something like homeplugs attached to the current router, to another router?

Thanks in advance.. :)

Soldato
Unless the house and flat share a common electricity supply homeplug probably isn't going to work.

If they do then what you descibe should work, or you could get one of the purpose made homeplug wireless entender kits.

Soldato
OP
I've tried homeplugs once but the connection was poor for some reason. I'm not sure if it was the cheap homeplugs or to do with the power line to the flat?

I've just had a look on the bay for the wireless extenders and bought a used TL-WA901ND for £20, hopefully it'll do the job..

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom