• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA user has done a GTX480 Review

Caporegime
According to this months PC Format it got to 94 degrees under load :eek:

It could well be that the new drivers have dropped temps. Also noticed the EVGA forum reviewer leaves his fan running at 100% all the time so that might explain his lower temps.

I still say it's crying out for water as no way would I put one in my case with two 120mm fans running at 5v.

Soldato
The temps are only reasonable because he has set the fan on 100%. Someone asked him to turn it down and he refused saying he always runs at 100% when overclocked

Caporegime
I had to laugh when somebody posted that the fan at 70% on gtx480 doesn't sound lany louder than his gtx280 at 100%.

Does everybody run their graphics card fans at 100% on that forum?

Soldato
It could well be that the new drivers have dropped temps. Also noticed the EVGA forum reviewer leaves his fan running at 100% all the time so that might explain his lower temps.

I still say it's crying out for water as no way would I put one in my case with two 120mm fans running at 5v.

Probably explains why he doesn't care about noise, he must be deaf or something. Most graphics cards at 100% are horrendous.

Soldato
First user benchmark of Crysis taken from the evga forum. :)

Warhead.jpg

Associate
On those settings (Enthusiast and 8xAA) id be delighted with those, no idea how it compares to others though but its a lot better than a GTX 275 i can tell you that!

Soldato
Does the smilie mean that the results are good? I've never run the warhead bench so I wouldn't know.

Yeah thats a good bench mate. At 8xAA I get 30fps with my 4870X2.

One thing to note though is that bench was done on a 980 i7, but the cpu was only at 3.33Ghz. I dont know how that will effect the results.

Back
Top Bottom