games for young children?

Caporegime
anyone know any good games for young children around the age of 6 (he can read pretty well so they dont need to be really simple)

i know theres nickelodeons toontown (free young kids mmo) but what other good fun kids games are there i can stick my young one on?

my local library had some kids playing a mario type learning games a few months back but i never thought to ask what it was.

i had a google but the majority of games that came up for children look to be utter rubbish that wouldnt entertain for more than a few minutes

Soldato
I know this is the PC forum but if you've got a PS3 I'd recommend Little Big Planet. Added bonus is that you can play it with him.

Associate
Any of the lego games - both my sons have played them for years and one of them is now 9 and the other is 6.

They play them on PC, Wii and PS3 and there is a new one coming out this year based on Harry potter!

Soldato
Leisure Suit Larry.

I had Land of the lounge lizards. I remember playing it when I was about 13. To certify you were over 18 at the start of the game it would ask you 5 questions. I always used to ask my mum and dad and even they didnt know. I think I only managed to play it 3 times, was fun trying to guess all the questions right though!

I still remember the intro music and im humming it in my head now :o

Associate
I had Land of the lounge lizards. I remember playing it when I was about 13. To certify you were over 18 at the start of the game it would ask you 5 questions. I always used to ask my mum and dad and even they didnt know. I think I only managed to play it 3 times, was fun trying to guess all the questions right though!

I still remember the intro music and im humming it in my head now :o

Same! although my parents wouldn't let me play it so I always asked my grandparents to answers the questions instead, great game!

Associate
Toki Tori, Braid, Plants vs Zomies (bit easy), Portal

anything thats going to stimulate their minds in a good, but challenging way whilst being fun really.

Caporegime
Toki Tori, Braid, Plants vs Zomies (bit easy), Portal

anything thats going to stimulate their minds in a good, but challenging way whilst being fun really.

There is no way a 6 year old is understanding these games :p

Trust me. Put a typical 6yo with Toki Tori and watch the kid get frustrated and annoyed. I've tried, btw, with a real life 6yo :p

You need things like Wii sports which is easy to understand. 6yo comprehension and problem solving is very weak.

Soldato
My mate's 6 year old like to drive the police cars around the city in GTA IV.

I just need to keep him away from the drugs, guns and hookers though and turn down the character's voices to protect his young ears from bad words.

Soldato
I'd try to let my son play some strategy games. Something like Settlers that would teach him about materials and stuff. Something like transport tycoon or rolleroaster tycoon to help him with maths and a bit of logistics. A nice racing game or shooter which ain't too bad for kids for some reflexes training.

Trackmania is great for kids I think.

I'd avoid ''for kids'' dumbed down games though...

Back
Top Bottom