Fresh OSX install

Soldato
Right so im duel booting Snow and Windows 7 on my iMac.

I want to do a nice clean install of OSX, but i don't want to touch my Windows 7 boot.

Is there a way of doing this? Is it just as simple as choosing the current OSX partition on install? And thats it?

Or will i have to do something else after the install so i can still switch between the 2?

Caporegime
I think I've done this before... I think when you boot from the install disc it will ask which partition you want to install to. Once you boot into the new OS X install, I think it figures out the Bootcamp stuff without any further intervention needed.

Caporegime
Perfect :D God i love it when things are simple :D

Like I say, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I think the install pretty much ignores the Bootcamp install, and you shouldn't need to reconfigure at all. Hell, I think you could boot the Bootcamp install without even having OS X on there at all.

PS Your sig is animated and I think those are banninated.

Associate
Like I say, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I think the install pretty much ignores the Bootcamp install, and you shouldn't need to reconfigure at all. Hell, I think you could boot the Bootcamp install without even having OS X on there at all.

PS Your sig is animated and I think those are banninated.

That's all correct. Boot Camp just creates a hybrid MBR/GUID partition table and makes room for & creates the other partition.

Yes, you can even format the HDD and just install Windows/Linux on there if you want without ever touching OS X or Boot Camp.

Back
Top Bottom