First proper crysis 2 trailer

Associate
Thank God we've finally got something that gives us a hint of what might happen in the game! Looks very good if you ask me, crytek seems to have learned something about creating atmosphere and drama. Although crysis 1 is undoubtably one of my favourite games it lacked slightly in that regard IMO.

http://www.sosnewyork.com/

Better Quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbM-1uxuRJs&fmt=22

Also found this. The story is being written by Richard Morgan.

Redwood Shores, CA – April 9, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Crytek GmbH today announced that Richard Morgan, award-winning author of the science-fiction bestsellers ‘Altered Carbon’ and ‘Broken Angels’, is writing the story for this holiday’s blockbuster action game, Crysis 2. Morgan is working with Crytek to bring his trademark visceral writing style to the project, which is his first entry into the video game medium. In Crysis 2, New York is under the attack of a unique and frightening alien species that combines deadly weaponry, exceptional sensory abilities and intelligent collaboration to present players with the most challenging opponents ever seen in a first person shooter. Surrounded by devastation, players must assess the situations they encounter, adapt to this urban jungle and use the weapons and powers given solely to them to save New York. Morgan enters this distressed world and brings it to life with gritty characters, a rich back-story and plot twists rarely found in video games.

“Video games are one of the only things in my life I would qualify as a complete addiction,” said Richard Morgan. “The medium has every bit the potential for exciting and emotionally charged storytelling as literature and film, and I’m excited to explore this format on my first project in partnership with a world class developer like Crytek.”

“At Crytek, we pride ourselves on working with the most elite talent in the industry, and Richard is no exception,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “He has helped us take our ideas for Crysis 2 and transform them into a story that really engages the player in many new and exciting ways. His passion for his craft and for games is a perfect match for our team and we can’t wait for gamers to experience this collaboration.”

In Crysis 2, the aliens have returned with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind. In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city’s myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city’s systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen. One man will inherit that means to survive. You alone must wield the combat technology of Nanosuit 2, and make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City.

Built on Crytek’s new state-of-the art multiplatform game development system, CryENGINE®3, Crysis 2 will be available this holiday for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and PC.

For more information on Crysis 2, please visit crysis.ea.com or follow the game on Twitter at www.twitter.com/crysis and become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/crysis.

source

Last edited:
Associate
Seeing as the first ones success was almost entirely based around its ground breaking graphics, and not about its sub standard game play, it doesn't look like they have pushed the visuals forward enough to me. That being said, it looks interesting, and I'll no doubt play it - Hopefully the lack of graphical improvements means they spent more time on the actual game this time. Trailers makes me more interested as well, if a bit 28 days later esque.

Caporegime
hmmm would have been nice to see pc footage but maybe soon. hate when they use console footage :(

looks like it will be half decent

Soldato
Seeing as the first ones success was almost entirely based around its ground breaking graphics, and not about its sub standard game play, it doesn't look like they have pushed the visuals forward enough to me.

Crysis still looks better than anything else I've played anyway so I can't see why that is a disappointing thing. If they made it better people would only start whining again like they did on the first game!

Looking forward to this though, trailer sets a nice scene :D

Soldato
Thing I didn't like too much in that review was how it said, "PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and PC."

Like PC is the last because they don't really give two ***** about that platform anymore.

Yes, I am bitter. :p

Associate
the detail on those pictures compared to how small they are in the scene is impressive but im getting sick of how developers use soft music like that with the trailers, i know its supposed to be some artsy contrast nonsense but its getting a bit sad now, first gears of war did it, then killzone 2 and now crysis

Associate
Well imo the first one went down hill form a gameplay perspective once you started fighting the aliens so if this one is entirely about fighting aliens then it could be abit pants. On the other hand these ones seem humanoid so maybe it will be ok.

Soldato
Who releases a cgi movie for a games sequel that's looks worse than the 1st game :confused:

A company who have realised that there's gold in them there console hills... Those graphics that you refer to were probably never seen by console gimps. Therefore, anything would look better. I imagine I won't be buying this game until someone tells me it's awesome on the PC and that you can ramp the graphics up

Is this going to be DX11?

Soldato
Seeing as the first ones success was almost entirely based around its ground breaking graphics, and not about its sub standard game play, it doesn't look like they have pushed the visuals forward enough to me. That being said, it looks interesting, and I'll no doubt play it - Hopefully the lack of graphical improvements means they spent more time on the actual game this time. Trailers makes me more interested as well, if a bit 28 days later esque.
Like-minded.
Thing I didn't like too much in that review was how it said, "PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and PC."
Paranoid.
Is this a proper song or made for the game?
Young.
Who releases a cgi movie for a games sequel that's looks worse than the 1st game :confused:
Recommend Specs.
that looked game-engine rendered to me and probably console footage
Rational.
console footage? wtf it looks far better than the original crysis on very high to me!
Irrational.

Soldato
Surprised it only has low resolution video on the site, I recommend people watch it in HD on youtube before making comments. The footage is very CGI like in the way it's presented but wouldn't be surprised if it's rendered by the game engine. It's a bit hard to compare the graphics to the original game since they are set in totally different settings.

Other than that it's a difficult to say much about the game yet, we already knew that it will be set in New York and aliens invaded and we seen that scenario many times now in both games and films. Still there's always room for improvement and I'm not expecting much in terms of originality from this anyway so as long as implementation is good this may well turn out to be a good game.

So frankly I'm going to wait until some proper in-game footage appears before making a judgement. Admittedly cross platform release is a concern but hey without that this sequel may not have even happened and hopefull they stick to their promise of paying PC version extra attention.

Associate
This has got me excited! You really get the feeling in order for this to work on consoles Crytek have pull out the stops for a story...aliens looks a lot better (more menacing anyway). But i worry about none stop action being the driving theme, as Crysis had lots of stealth/calm/panic (combined?) moments that would only get water down (Warhead anyone?) if used too much. Wtf they been doing for these past couple of years anyway? Engine was already built ffs. I want jesus on a stick to come with my suit damn it :D

Back
Top Bottom