Modern Warfare 2 Free steam weekend!

Soldato
I'd consider getting it on the PS3 if it was cheap and I was in the market for a console FPS as I see it as a console shooter first and foremost and enjoyed CoD4 on the PS3.

On the PC though? Nah.

Associate
Just played for about half an hour... It's not terrible (imo) but it's not great at all... mediocre I'd say. Also, fed up with stupid kill streaks and people knifing me from 10 metres away and the game keeping stopping because the host left :-/

Soldato
And we still don't know if this is THE weekend deal or if there will be a better one this week. Because it might not be announced until later today.

I think you are right.

This is not listed as "THE" Weekend deal so I also think there will be another deal announced this evening.

Who will join mein a great big LOL if BF:BC2 is THE weekend deal with 33% off or something?

Man of Honour
+1

Five minutes is all I could stomach. Vastly superceded by Bad Company 2 and MAG. Seems quite ancient now.

I wouldn't call it garbage, but if your looking for something semi realistic look away.

Just played for about half an hour... It's not terrible (imo) but it's not great at all... mediocre I'd say. Also, fed up with stupid kill streaks and people knifing me from 10 metres away and the game keeping stopping because the host left :-/

Kill streaks are great fun, makes it different from just your normal run and gun. The main problem is they (the developer/publisher) take forever to work through things that obviously won't work/ruin the game like silly laggy knifers, g18 akimbo, etc.

Associate
I cant believe that people are still being so pathetic about boycotting the game, even on a free weekend! Its a great game to play online, you get the occasional cheater for sure but it hardly ruins it. 90% of games are lag free and its great entertainment. Talk about jumping on the hate bandwagon!
Oh and I have Bad Company 2 as well, both are great fun...is it cool to hate MW2 because you own BC2 or something?

No it's not cool... It's because the game sucks. Yes, I do own the game but wish I could get my money back

Caporegime
I cant believe that people are still being so pathetic about boycotting the game, even on a free weekend! Its a great game to play online, you get the occasional cheater for sure but it hardly ruins it. 90% of games are lag free and its great entertainment. Talk about jumping on the hate bandwagon!
Oh and I have Bad Company 2 as well, both are great fun...is it cool to hate MW2 because you own BC2 or something?

the MW" hate started a few weeks before release when they announced the price and lack of dedicated servers + admins and generraly poor gameplay.

Long before BC2.

I don't think we've had a week since launch without a "I bought MW2 and now need to moan about it" thread.

Caporegime
Well I pre-loaded but its missing some files and has to download again :/.

Anyway, I'm reading it doesn't have dedicated servers, who hosts the games then? Some joe on a bt broadband connection?

Caporegime
Well I pre-loaded but its missing some files and has to download again :/.

Anyway, I'm reading it doesn't have dedicated servers, who hosts the games then? Some joe on a bt broadband connection?

yep, possibly you.

150ms ping seems to be considered "good" in the game too...

Back
Top Bottom