Dayinsure to buy tax?

Guv

Guv

Soldato
I thought the answer to this was always 'no'.

However, just been looking on dayinsure.com and it says
Can I buy Road Tax with a dayinsure policy?
Yes. dayinsure short term insurance is suitable. (At the sole discretion of the individual post office and we cannot guarentee that it will be acceptable)

Has anyone used dayinsure to buy tax? were the post office ok with it?

Thanks

Soldato
I've used Tempcover forms, effectively the same thing, to do just that and had no problems - depends on your local PO or staff member though it seems. No reason IIRC for them to reject it though!

A few times they've gone "gosh, is this just for the day" or "my, this expires tomorrow!". I usually just tell them it's so it can be test driven or moved and they're fine with it...

Soldato
It varies from Post Office to post office. In a big, modern, shiny town centre post office the answer was a definite no, meaning we technically couldnt drive the car home as it wasnt taxed.

In the end we had to, and got it taxed under the same temporary insurance at a local post office. However, it caused so much stress and hassle that I will never again buy an untaxed car.

Soldato
I find a lot of post offices dont know anything when it comes to issuing road tax.

You can get a flat refusal to serve you a tax disc at a post office, go online five minutes later and get one no problems from the website.

Guv

Guv

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies. Decided not to risk spending money on a days insurance to get refused at the post office and borrowed a car instead.
I tried calling the post office to ask and they didn't really have a clue.. not if that would have worked in my favour or not!

Why dont you want a years insurance?

Got a years insurance but certificate hasn't arrived yet and tax is needed.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies. Decided not to risk spending money on a days insurance to get refused at the post office and borrowed a car instead.
I tried calling the post office to ask and they didn't really have a clue.. not if that would have worked in my favour or not!

Got a years insurance but certificate hasn't arrived yet and tax is needed.

then get your tax disk off the interweb

Soldato
Day insure should be acceptable as the car only needs valid insurance on the day that the tax is purchased if the month has already started.

Are they complaining about using a print out of the insurance certificate pdf? Again this should be okay as the restrictions (currently) only apply to photo copies and faxes of the documents.

Back
Top Bottom