Should iget a PS3?

Soldato
Hey guys,

This may seem wierd....i find myself wanting to get a PS3,Even though i already have a decent gaming pc which consists of a Q6600,4GB Of ram,4890 XXX graphics card etc :p...anyone else?

I dunno,I miss the old days of sitting back and playing GTA...its just not the same as on the PC....and these days i dont do any single player missions on any of my games such as GTA IV...MW2...BFBC2,because if i format id loose the lot so i only do multiplayer.

I just purchased a nice new LG 22" 1080P TV which it would go nice wth.

Should i sell my gaming pc and buy a buy a PS3?

Soldato
I was in a similar position to you, and made the switch.

I much prefer just being able to put the disk in and play, no faffing about with drivers or graphical settings. Plus, it just feels more natural. If you have the money to spend, go for it!

Soldato
I stopped playing PC games over xmas, bought an xbox and today I re-bought a PS3. I certainly haven't looked back.

Never going to buy another pc game, unless BF3 is PC only lol, oh and maybe half-life 3/CS 2 :p

PS: I bought an 80GB ps3 for £170 new in a supermarket today so doesn't break the bank either.

Soldato
I much prefer just being able to put the disk in and play, !

What? I just bought 10 or so ps3 games and every game had an update. Motorstorm 2 had a 608mb update and little big planet and 9 updates which was probably close to 1gb (took 40 minutes to update).

I can install pc games faster than the time it takes to update/install console games.

Soldato
I sold my gaming rig 5 years ago and moved to the 360.
A month ago I got a PS3 to compliment the 360.

If you were selling your PC then your best option by far is getting a 360. You'll still get all the PC/360 exclusives and have a very robust and full online environment.
I've loved my PS3 since I got it (been my main console for a month) but I've only been playing the PS3 SP exclusives.

I've never looked back since moving from PC gaming to console but I would seriously recommend the 360 first if you're moving wholesale. If you were keeping the PC then get a PS3.

Soldato
Depends how much you get for your pc. 360's can be had for dirt cheap and so can the games. Xbox 360 games are usually also pc games while ps3 has more exclusives that dont show up on any other platform.

Soldato
OP
i wouldnt sell your pc for one, but i would get one.

Well to be honest...im getting pretty bored with my PC now ....and like mentioned you get driver problems...errors etc sometimes which is annoying,also to mention all the copy protection crap they put on the games which all that does is cause the legit players problems :rolleyes:

Where as with a PS3 you know its just going to work.

NO price checks outside of the MM.

See i have a Laptop so that would replace the computer for internet etc...and obviusly PS3 for gaming.

Soldato
I wouldn't sell your pc, you have a nice new monitor and the cpu is always good for video editor etc etc...

I haven't sold my pc just installed linux on it so. I wouldn't wanna sell my 24" screen and soley use my 13" macbook lol.

Just buy a console and keep the pc.

Soldato
OP
Yeah i can understand what you mean...but like i said im getting bored of the pc...not only that,The longer i keep it the less its going to be worth.

And if i got a PS3....i wouldnt have any need for such a powerfull pc system,It would just be wasted because i wouldnt be gaming on it.

You mentioned video editing.....not once have i ever done video editing on it....its purely just a gaming machine.

My laptop has a 15. something screen,Its a new Asus X58L Series,quite a nippy laptop i like it.

So OXY...in your opinion...how much you think that setiup is worth?

Urghh im not sure what to do!

Soldato
Well at xmas I sold my Q6600 for £85, SSD's for £75 each, Xfire skt 775 for £60, 5770 for £95, DDR 800mhz ram for £45 I think etc etc.

A week later I bought a new PC lol as I may want to play arma2, CSS, TF2, BF2, football manager one day lolz. Admitedly it didn't cost me so much, I bought a new AMD 965, fixed my faulty GTX260 I had in the loft, and bought DDR3 ram.

If you feel that you can be happy with a laptop only then do it, but what happens if you don't like your ps3? The controller is a little small thats why i game mostly on xbox and play ps3 exclusives on my ps3, well I will do when my games arrive lol.

These forums have a second hand sales forum called tghe Members Market but you need 250 posts and I think you need to ask an admin for access, I buy and sell a lot of stuff on here.

Just be prepared to be frustrated by xbox/ps3 controller for a few weeks, it's weird compared to PC. 5 weeks in i'm fine, but I don't think I will ever be as good as I am on a keyboard and mouse. The consoles are getting old now so be prepared to see low resolution and jaggie games, all compared to a good PC they do look worse, but still good for £150 machines, my grpahics cards alone were more than that and I had 2 at one point lol....

Sorry for my wall of text, multiple spelling mistakes and bad grammar lol.

anyway must get back to Batman Arkyam .... its an amazing game!

Associate
Just ask yourself this: are there any games that you want to play that you can't get on your PC? If the answer is yes, then get one. If not, then don't. As simple as that really.

I bought one a few weeks back due to FFXIII, and knowing that I'll be wanting to play The Last Guardian and GT5 when they're released.

Associate
Don't see why not, if there are games you want to play on it.

I got one for GT5, Metal Gear & to see what all the fuss was about with Uncharted (i like the game, but coming from a PC environment there's very little that's impressive about the graphics)

Soldato
OP
Just ask yourself this: are there any games that you want to play that you can't get on your PC?

Well yeah actualy....Theres episodes of GTA that are not available on pc which looks good,Also Heavy rain...Mafia 2...red dead redemtation.

Get a PS3 to go alongside your PC.

I could do...i mean i dont have to sell my pc to get a Ps3...i have the money but if i realy enjoy the PS3 then i can see the gaming pc wasting away lol.

Im still baffled on what to do to be honest...i was talking to my friend at work last night,he owns a PS3 and he said its fantastic....hes running in on a 40" Plasma tv using a Monster cable or something rather than DVI....but hes not come from pc gaming so im not sure how the graphics would look on a PS3 compared to my 4890.

I would have considred a 360,But theres just too many failiure rates on them and then you got the whole subscription crap for online....nah.

Soldato
If you can live with jaggies and lower framerates you get the benifits of more game choices these days. Easy hassle free setup and of course PS3 is going to have a massive 2010 with lots of games to come and some others unannounced yet.

Back
Top Bottom