FIFA World Cup 2010

Hitman
Soldato
Just had a quick game on the demo.

I actually like it. I'm a very big Fifa 10 player and can see some notable changes - could just be my mind playing tricks on me though.

- Cut scenes are very realistic. Just hope they carry this through to the full game.
- Arm and leg movements seem a lot more realistic compared to '10.
- The sound (crowd/atmosphere) is fantastic. Would be extremely good with a surround sound set up, somethign I unfortunatly don't have!
- Camera replays are no longer static. They move around which is pretty neat.
- End game summary is pretty neat.
- Pitch graphics don't seem as good as Fifa 10.
- You can 'trick' the keeper during penalties again. I believe this was in Fifa 09, removed in Fifa 10 (I've definitely not experienced it anyway?), so not sure why they put it back in.
- Player movement (on the ball) seem slightly different. When I first played the Fifa 10 demo, I said the player movement was more 'fluid' compared to 09. This demo seems slightly more fluid that Fifa 10.

Not a bad demo. Just a shame they couldn't put it into Fifa 10. Don't think I'll buy it but we'll see.

Soldato
There was also World Cup 98 as far as I remember as well.

One key thing, have they fixed the stupid goalkeeper rushing out like a headless chicken and ending up in chipped/lobbed goals being scored ALLL the time?

Yep they have - at least they say they have in all the launch videos and interviews.

Haven't played it myself so can't comment.

You can 'trick' the keeper during penalties again. I believe this was in Fifa 09, removed in Fifa 10 (I've definitely not experienced it anyway?), so not sure why they put it back in.

Nah this is brand new, you can now do a feint during the run up... so run up... stop... run up and shoot.

In FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 it would do it for certain players automatically, like Ronaldo for example.

Last edited:
Associate
I know its a full game because it will sell but i would have liked to see this as a add-on similar to ultimate team with challenges, competitions and even further downloadable content if they really are desperate for cash.

Soldato
to be honest, i'll probably end up getting this on my 360. Moving into my new flat in a couple of weeks - gonna put a 40" on the wall with surround sound, and i don't think i'll be able to resist getting hold of this, even at full price! I could always sell fifa 10 to recoup some of the cost i guess. And wc2010 will tide me over until fifa 11.

Associate
I can't see a single difference from FIFA 10, except penalties. A con imo if you own FIFA 10.

Agreed, total waste of cash.

Found the demo to play exactly the same as FIFA10 (shock horror) with a subtle couple of visual differences.

Anyone who buys this is a mug.

Soldato

Anyone who buys this is a mug.

Guess that makes me a mug then as I will be buying it... can't wait.

Official teams, stadiums and the whole qualifying campaign make me want it. I agree that maybe it should have been DLC to FIFA10 or even could have been a lower price point, but I don't think that makes me a mug!!!

Bet I get at least 20+ hours of gameplay from it... worth the money then imo.

Soldato
Okay so not much different than FIFA10 btu didnt expect it to be, Still its fun seems like its done a good job to capture the atmosphere in the demo atleast. Keeping my pre-order

Soldato
This is for any one intrested in trophies got these from ps3trophies.co.uk

World cup champion
Unlock all trophies in the game

Single star group stage
Finish the Group Stage in the Online 2010 FIFA World Cup with a 1/2 - 1 star team.

Two Star Group Stage
Finish the Group Stage in the Online 2010 FIFA World Cup with a 1.5 - 2 star team.

Three Star Group Stage
Finish the Group Stage in the Online FIFA World Cup with a 2.5 - 3 star team.

Played well as a team
Win the Online FIFA World Cup with a 2.5 - 3 star team.

Dreams Come True
Advance past the group stage in the Online FIFA World Cup with a team rated 3 stars or lower.

Hospitality and Victories
Advance through the group stage as South Africa in 2010 FIFA World Cup.

We'll just score more
Concede 14+ In the Finals (Record) & Win the World Cup. Semi-Pro or higher difficulty.

Concede No Goals
Advance from the Group stage in 2010 FIFA World Cup without conceding a goal: Semi-pro difficulty.

Defend, Defend, Defend
Lift the World Cup Trophy in the 2010 FIFA World Cup scoring 11 or fewer total goals (Record)

Second Trip, First Goal
Qualify & Score in the finals using any team that's been to the finals & not scored.

Europe Qualifier
Qualify as a team from Europe in 2010 FIFA World Cup single player only.

Asia Qualifier
Qualify as a team from Asia in 2010 FIFA World Cup single player only.

Oceania Qualifier
Qualify as a team from Oceania in 2010 FIFA World Cup single player only.

CONCACAF Qualifier
Qualify as a team from CONCACAF in 2010 FIFA World Cup single player only.

South America Qualifier
Qualify as a team from South America in 2010 FIFA World Cup single player only.

Africa Qualifier
Qualify as a team from Africa in 2010 FIFA World Cup single player only.

First Team Selecton
Get promoted to the First team and play a match in Captain your Country.

Co-op Success
All four co-op players get a match rating of 7 or above in a captain your country match.

Practice Penalty Kicks
Score at least 5 penalty Kicks in Penalty Shootout Practice

The Captain
In a Captain your Country campaign play a game as the captain for your country's first team.

Solid Performer
Achieve an average match rating of 8 at the end of a single Captain your Country campaign.

Hold the Line
Earn a match rating of 8 or above as a Defender in Captain your Country.

Most Hat-tricks
In Captain your Country score 2 or more hat-tricks in the Finals to beat the standing record.

2006 FIFA World Cup Final
Beat France using Italy on Semi-Pro or Higher Difficulty.

2002 FIFA World Cup Final
Beat Germany using Brazil on Semi-Pro or Higher Difficulty.

1998 FIFA World Cup Final
Beat Brazil using France on Semi-Pro or Higher Difficulty.

Ultimate Underdogs
Win the Online 2010 FIFA World Cup with a 1.5 - 2 star team.

Undefeated Group Stage
Win all three group games and advance to the knockout stage in the Online FIFA World Cup.

Managers First Choice
With a Virtual Pro play a game as the #1 ranked squad member in Captain your Country.

Masterful Performance
Finish a captain your country where one of the players wins an end of tournament award.

Fair Play
In a single Captain your country campaign Receive no match bans.

2010 FIFA World Cup Mastery
Defeat all 32 teams that qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Lightning Quick Strike
Score in under 90 seconds to beat the standing record for fastest goal in a World Cup finals match.

Against all odds
Win the Online 2010 FIFA World Cup with a 1/2 - 1 star team.

Victorious
Win the FIFA World Cup in a Captain your Country campaign.

World Cup Winner
Win the FIFA World Cup Final in 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

Associate
I'm thinking about getting this. Hoping someone can answer a few questions! I was wondering what multiplayer it has.. I know you can do held to head but does it have anything like fifa 10 clubs?

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting this. Hoping someone can answer a few questions! I was wondering what multiplayer it has.. I know you can do held to head but does it have anything like fifa 10 clubs?

Nopes, no FIFA clubs that is all that is missing for me.

Although it has online World Cup so you basically pick you team play through the qualify and knock out stages, each opponent is played online and are different.

One flaw to this though, is that I have got to the final a few times but to get knocked out by a half star team (when I was a pretty decent side such as England or Spain). Seems as though the game puts a handicap on you when you reach this stage for being a high ranked team and then the other team all turn into a side of 11 Messi, Ronaldo & Rooney's!

Caporegime
One flaw to this though, is that I have got to the final a few times but to get knocked out by a half star team (when I was a pretty decent side such as England or Spain). Seems as though the game puts a handicap on you when you reach this stage for being a high ranked team and then the other team all turn into a side of 11 Messi, Ronaldo & Rooney's!
Why is that a flaw? Seems to me that it is levelling out the playing field - perhaps tho overly favouring the 1/2star team...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
But EA say they want to create the most realistic football games to date, I don't think giving the likes of Honduras or New Zealand fake attributes for the final is making realistic game, I mean when you play online with FIFA 10 no handicap is given wether its Accrington Stanley vs Barca so why do it for FIFA World Cup?

For example, when I got knocked out by Honduras all his players were faster than Messi and stronger than John Terry and had the striking ability of Ronaldo, Torres or Rooney, that to me is flawed when a normal 61 rated player with a speed of 44 can outrun Messi 1 on 1, tear through my defence or bag a 30 yarder.

They is an achievement/trophy for winning the World Cup online with half a star team which signals this should be more of a challenge than it actually is IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom