30th birthday present ideas

Man of Honour
What do you get for the guy that has everything? Pretty important birthday, people want to get him something 'special' that is memorable.

Experience days are out, he has no interest in them.

Man of Honour
OP
Nice watch? DVD boxset? how much are you looking at spending?

I wrote it in a weird way, it is for me. I have no idea what to tell people to get me. My parents want to get me something that will last for a few years.

Got an Omega Seamaster I'm very happy with. Budget is up to £500 I guess. More if it is the right present, but I wouldn't really want them spending that amount on me.

Soldato
Posh meal out with some friends, Flight somewhere for him and partner, weekend break, theatre/opera etc tickets, errr

edit: ah just read above. It's for you. Ummm... Give it to charity?! (me:D)

Edit2...! On special birthdays I've had weird things that are relevant to my interests but stuff I wouldn't perhaps buy.

i.e. my 21st I got a really old wooden bellows camera. It's not really useable but it looks cool in my room:) and I'm in to photography. 18th birthday I got a really nice ltd edition art print.

So... maybe look at antiques and art. What are you in to? Antique globe/telescope, old maps look cool, maybe one thats relevant to a special place you've been, old toys, dinky cars. Just think of cool stuff you can display and remember, rather than some gadget that will be out of date in a year or broken. Especially if you've got everything you need:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I wrote it in a weird way, it is for me. I have no idea what to tell people to get me. My parents want to get me something that will last for a few years.

Got an Omega Seamaster I'm very happy with. Budget is up to £500 I guess. More if it is the right present, but I wouldn't really want them spending that amount on me.

Ahhh right, I'm the same, nothing I want/need, don't want people spending loads on me.

some collectable memorabelia from your fave film? Stalker coin? :p

Man of Honour
OP
Hipflask is good. I already have an engraved silver band with my name on it in ancient Celtic. Just not sure I'd use a hipflask often.

[edit]BRAINWAVE. Golf clubs. They can spend what they want on them, I haven't played before to the extent of having my own kit but our kid is into it, so anything they get me will work. Sorted :cool:

Cheers guys

Soldato
Almost any good has a "high end" range. Think of something you use or like, or something that it would be nice to have "the best" of. Without knowing the sorts of things that interest you, I can only take wild guesses. A few ideas:
  • Pen
  • Shoes
  • Jacket or scarf
  • Umbrella
  • Sunglasses
  • Wallet
  • Hat
  • Briefcase
  • Piece of luggage
Around £500 would get you something very, very nice indeed in any of those categories, that will probably last your entire life if well looked after and appropriately maintained :)

Man of Honour
OP
Sunglasses is a very good one. I've wanted a good pair for a long time. The problem is I struggle to find any that suit me.

I got a nice Antler case last week that should last me a while.

Think I'm gonna go with the clubs.

Back
Top Bottom