Mounting a 2.5" SSD in Antec 900

Associate
As title says...

Just purchased my Intel SSD drive and now i need to make sure that i will have everything i need by wednesday! Any experiences?

Note: Wasnt sure where to post, since its more to do with the case i thought of posting it here! Cheers for any help

Associate
the answer really is - anywhere. You can hide it in the deepest darkest place of the case if you like. They don't needto be cooled and can be placed at any angle...
IMG_2871.jpg
[/IMG]

Associate
OP
So there is no need for those 2.5 adapters? I am going to be moving in Cyprus in the summer and i need to make sure that its relatively decently cooled as the climate there is kinda hot.

Is that the Antec in the picture btw? It doesnt seem like it. Anyone with expeirence of adapters in the 900 case?

Cheers

Associate
The SSD is in an Antec 300 - fortunately two of the screw holes on teh SSD matched a couple of holes on the HDD cage - simply screwed two in and game over - you don't need to worry about heat for for these things.

Associate
I've got a antec 900 and a SSD. I mounted it in the cage with longer screws just, because I had them from another case, otherwise I would have just attached it onto the side or somewhere else with cable ties. SSDs are so light the longer screws can hold it.

And yea heat isn't a problem.

Soldato
just Velcro it to the bottom of the case or anywhere there's room. Job Done. It's Tidy, Tool-less, easy to remove and costs almost nothing.

Back
Top Bottom