• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VERY SLOW LOADING IN ATI 5 SERIES CARD BAD COMPANY 2

Associate
Well just trying to find out if its only me who notices pretty slow loading in with bad company 2 and a ati card. Running 5770s tried with 1 aswell still slow. Was using a gts 250 before and loaded in 3 times quicker.
Also does anyone get low fps when picking weapon first just when you load in.
Rest of system is up to scratch i7 [email protected] 6gb ram

thanks

Soldato
As far as I can tell, there is no update beyond 10.3b drivers that addresses this issue. I think ATI are working on yet another hotfix or it will be fixed in 10.4.

Soldato
My brother has comparable load times to me with his 5750, he's using the 10.3b drivers and profile update (7th of April or whatever it was).
Could try using that new profile pack that was released a few days ago...might not affect the loading time but WAS aimed at BFBC2 in the mainstay.

Last edited:
I upgraded from an e6600 to the rig in my sig (I still had the ssd with my e6600 rig).
I still take a fair while to load. I agree with others that it is irritating being the last to load.

Even on my e6600 rig, even in 2010, I would load battlefield 2 (note: not bad company!) first and get the tanks first:)

Soldato
lol at this

it is the game and DX 11

DX11 textures take longer to load than DX 10 or 9

if you want faster loading times turn your graphics settings down.

this is a well known issue

Associate
Well before I saw this I didn't think much of it..

But I also suffer from this..

Just thought it was network or sommit related...

Soldato
It's (as stated before) an issue with all DX11cards when running in DX11 mode

It has been acknowledged that there is a problem and the intention is to address it as part of a hot fix

I have an SSD and get in game relatively quickly but quicker if I force the cards to run in DX10 or 9

Associate
re:

Has been an issue since the days of World at War and still no fix:confused:
If your interested in getting a ATI gaming card for BFBC2 be aware you will get into rounds slowwww:eek:
Cheers
mrix

Associate
Has been an issue since the days of World at War and still no fix:confused:
If your interested in getting a ATI gaming card for BFBC2 be aware you will get into rounds slowwww:eek:
Cheers
mrix

not allways m8, a lot of people are using the 5850 and 5870 such as my self ad several of my friends and we allways get in the game first :>

Soldato
Well i have decided to sell ati cards and stick with nvidia like I should have done

Because they have no issues whatsoever... /sigh
My next machine is Nvidia, my current/last machine uses Nvidia, my machine previously had both at various points, I'm not exactly completely biased, but if you think Nvidia drivers never have issues with games, think again!

Back
Top Bottom