MW1 vs MW2 multiplayer, is it worth getting MW1 instead of MW2

Soldato
I never actually played MW1 MP but I am enjoying MW2 free weekend, I would like a game like this but I won't buy MW2 due to no dedicated servers and cheaters etc.

Is MW1 MP almost the same as in MW2?

Man of Honour
MW1 has a few less guns, less perks and users can't configure killstreak rewards which are also much more limited than MW2 - i.e. no user controllable gunships, etc.

Its a bit more of a realistic shooter rather than the more arcadey feel to MW2.

I wish they'd kinda merge the 2 really, putting the extra guns from MW1 into MW2 and adding some gamemodes that were more like MW1 with restricted perk/killstreak useage.

Soldato
MW1 has a few less guns, less perks and users can't configure killstreak rewards which are also much more limited than MW2 - i.e. no user controllable gunships, etc.

Its a bit more of a realistic shooter rather than the more arcadey feel to MW2.

I wish they'd kinda merge the 2 really, putting the extra guns from MW1 into MW2 and adding some gamemodes that were more like MW1 with restricted perk/killstreak useage.

You say that likes its a bad thing. Quality =/= Quantity. The vast majority of perks are crap and only for tiny niches or gimmicks. Same goes for guns. And frankly removing Killstreaks would be a huge improvement to both MW1 and MW2. UAV is where it should've stopped, none of this ****ing none-stop Airstrikes and Heli support.

Man of Honour
Nothing wrong with kill streak rewards, tho I do concede they work better with some gametypes and can kill the flow of the game with others, my only gripe would be that more time could have been spent balancing counter rewards i.e. a SAM site reward (just outside the map boundary to counter AC130, etc.).

I like a good selection of guns - its one of the things that keeps me coming back to the game, same with perks - keeps it interesting. Theres a few that should go or be better tweaked i.e. G18 akimbo is just silly, but I'm not against akimbo on some of the handguns and limited selection of SMGs, but deff. not on P90, G18, raffica, etc.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with kill streak rewards, tho I do concede they work better with some gametypes and can kill the flow of the game with others, my only gripe would be that more time could have been spent balancing counter rewards i.e. a SAM site reward (just outside the map boundary to counter AC130, etc.).

Lol, killstreaks are nothing more than a gimmick to keep your average moron amused. They add nothing to the game other than infuriating everyone else who has to deal with them. The Helicopter was bad enough where it automatically targetted the top players more and considering i was normally high up, would get ****ing aimbotted by it as i ran past a window, but some of the ones on MW2 are ridiculous.

Man of Honour
They add a whole new layer to the game, rather than just pure run and gun and aside from AC130 or someone in chopper gunner using an aimbot are fairly easy to counter. People who moan about perks and killstreaks I find generally aren't very good players.

Associate

I don't like how some camp to get the kills for a killstreak; it can slow the game down at times, and make it a lot more fustrating at times to deal with those kinds of people.

Some guy put killstreaks like this; its like having your friend totally destroying you in super smash bros and it rewarding him with a star to make him invinsbile while he kicks your ass some more. It doesn't make much sense when you think about it like that.

Man of Honour
Its only over powered if your rubbish... and your gonna get beat then anyhow... so might as well get it over with.

Associate
Its only over powered if your rubbish... and your gonna get beat then anyhow... so might as well get it over with.

What?? If you are half decent, you don't need stupid choppers or harriers or AC130s to get a good k/d ratio... They just mean people die stupid deaths. Tell me, what is so good about 1 person being able to kill a load of people in an unskilled way and people die because they dare to step outside the building or near the windows?

I prefer a game where you can sneak around, kill people with guns/explosives requiring skill/thought than a black and white aerial view where I just look remotely close to big red boxes telling me where all the enemies I have to aim kind of towards and "WOW!! I AM SO SKILLED I JUST KILLED 10 PEOPLE"... :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Thats the problem... someone got a harrier up? use the radar to see which way its pointing, keep a backup class with CB pro and stinger for when they use a chopper gunner or AC130, etc. aslong as no ones cheating you have a decent chance to take it out if you have a bit of skill. Unfortunatly with all the cheating even with CB pro you don't last very long against manned air support unless your very good.

On the flipside if your a good player but your teams a bit weak you can supplement that by using your skill to get the rewards and counter the enemy skill advantage that you couldn't just going toe to toe.

Soldato
Thats the problem... someone got a harrier up? use the radar to see which way its pointing, keep a backup class with CB pro and stinger for when they use a chopper gunner or AC130, etc. aslong as no ones cheating you have a decent chance to take it out if you have a bit of skill. Unfortunatly with all the cheating even with CB pro you don't last very long against manned air support unless your very good.

On the flipside if your a good player but your teams a bit weak you can supplement that by using your skill to get the rewards and counter the enemy skill advantage that you couldn't just going toe to toe.

Sorry but where is the fun in most the killstreak stuff? You set them off and leave them to get you kills randomly. All they do is **** other people off who have to put up with it.

Associate
mw2 pile of **** mw1 still rated as one of the best competitive fps's out there pretty simple if you good at fps you will like mw1 if your some **** noob who should just play console buy mw2

Back
Top Bottom