Wifes laptop is running real slow.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
The wifes laptop is running real slow, i have stopped everything in startup and stopped a fair few things from running in msconfig but it still running on average of 80% cpu on both cores. memory is running at 60-80%.

Whenver I try to do anything with it both cores max out and the laptop becomes unbareable to use. To top it off her Itunes has failed to work since an update and trying to reinstall itunes does not fix it. I have come home to find itunes on my pc and thats the last straw.

She can do anything she wants except touch my pc. Its her own fault she installs and downloads all sorts of crap.

Please help.

Soldato
My Mrs is the same. She could get a trojan on a PC with no network access :D You can copy your iTunes folder and docs etc off to an external drive and reinstall the laptop. Probably save time trying to find what is causing the issues.

Most laptops have a restore partition which automates most of it, but there will be plenty of OEM junk to uninstall.

Edit: Bit rash, I know quite a lot of poeple wouldn't be comfortable reinstalling their OS. You could try downloading Malwarebytes, installing it and updating if possible. Run that and see what it picks up. I find a double team of Malwarebytes and an Avast scan pick up on most nasties. If for whatever reason Malwarebytes won't install try safe mode.

Last edited:
Associate
Just re format It's simple and If you need help don't be afraid to ask. Your computers probs full of useless OEM material running on startup slowing it down.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
OP
I found the culprit, forget the name of it but when I googles the name it hasbeen installed by itunes and it was sucking 60+ of resources. problem is the wife needs itunes. On a side note I uninstalled the itunes and told my wife not to go near my pc again:)

Soldato
The best way is just to re-format, you can spend hours healthchecking a laptop depending on how infected it is, in the same time you could easily backup and re-format providing you with a clean spanking new install which will be restored back to its fast speed.

Back
Top Bottom