What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
So don't know what to watch.

So have decieded between history of violence and once upon a time in Mexico it shall be Once Upon A Time in Mexico.

Soldato
Notes on a scandal - Cate Blanchett

Good film, plus Cate Blanchett is pretty hot in this film :), wish I was that school kid, shame Judi Dench has to pop her face up in all the scenes though :(

Last edited:
Associate
I watched that " The Fourth Kind" and I was utterley appalled...!

Basicaly it is about UFO abduction phenomena in some town in Alaska and a Psychiatrist who hypnotises people to find their blocked memories.

All well and good I thought the film has re-enacted scenes aswell as perportedly real life footage from police servailance cameras and the shrinks own camera but in reality its really fake footage with actors. WHY ?

What I found utterley disturbing was that the shrink regressed a man who freaked out and went home and killed his family and then himself. It shows you him killing his family a wife and two kids with the screen split down the middle and 1 side is the real though fake footage and the 2nd side is the same thing but re-enacted.

This really disturbed me when I first saw this as I thought that i had just witnessed a man kill his family (thank god it was fiction). As I have a wife and 2 kids myself it made me feel ****ty and depressed.

The film didnt explore the subject very well either. It tried too hard and in the end it couldnt make its mind up if it was a Documentary or a drama instead it failed at both.

Its worth having a look at but from the outset the film is telling you that its based on real events when they clearly are not so they are trying to con us into watching their film.

I'm sorry for posting this but I felt very disturbed watching it.:D

Soldato
Silent Running (1972)

Seriously good sci-fi movie that clearly had a massive influence on Pixar's WALL-E. This film deserves as much recognition as 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Soldato
I watched that " The Fourth Kind" and I was utterley appalled...!

Basicaly it is about UFO abduction phenomena in some town in Alaska and a Psychiatrist who hypnotises people to find their blocked memories.

All well and good I thought the film has re-enacted scenes aswell as perportedly real life footage from police servailance cameras and the shrinks own camera but in reality its really fake footage with actors. WHY ?

What I found utterley disturbing was that the shrink regressed a man who freaked out and went home and killed his family and then himself. It shows you him killing his family a wife and two kids with the screen split down the middle and 1 side is the real though fake footage and the 2nd side is the same thing but re-enacted.

This really disturbed me when I first saw this as I thought that i had just witnessed a man kill his family (thank god it was fiction). As I have a wife and 2 kids myself it made me feel ****ty and depressed.

The film didnt explore the subject very well either. It tried too hard and in the end it couldnt make its mind up if it was a Documentary or a drama instead it failed at both.

Its worth having a look at but from the outset the film is telling you that its based on real events when they clearly are not so they are trying to con us into watching their film.

I'm sorry for posting this but I felt very disturbed watching it.:D

You do realise those "real" videos were actually actors? I'll requote your first line and amend it to my feelings on The Fourth kind.

I watched that " The Fourth Kind" and I was utterley appalled...! as it was utter ****e and a complete waste of the £16 I spent on the Bluray.

Soldato
Alrighty...

In Bruges - Cemence Posey *grin*. Ok I wasn't expecting it but I thought this was actually above average, so 6/10.

The Shinjuku Incident - more sentimental look at chinese illegal immagrants to Japan in the 90s with Jackie Chan. In short 3/10, below average.

Ninja - yes it's an American Ninja film. So add friday night+beer+pizza+crisps and it's a 5/10 as it's better than your average cheesy Ninja film (I'd be tempted under alcohol to give it a 6/10 but that would mean In Bruges would have to move up and unless Clemence Posey has my kids that's not going to happen).

Soldato
Silent Running (1972)

Seriously good sci-fi movie that clearly had a massive influence on Pixar's WALL-E. This film deserves as much recognition as 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Absolutely!

Watching Fish Tank, good so far.

That film is a masterpiece from start to finish.
Check out Red Road by the same director.
Andrea Arnold is being hailed as the next Ken Loach.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
I've just watched a film called Fracture

Fracture is a 2007 legal/crime suspense film from both New Line Cinema and Castle Rock Entertainment, directed by Gregory Hoblit and starring Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. Ted Crawford (Anthony Hopkins) discovers that his wife has been having an affair. He then murders her and uses the justice system to prove his innocence. However, William Beachum (Ryan Gosling) is a determined lawyer bound to prove his guilt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(2007_film)

If anyone has seen this when Anthony plays Ted - what is the twirly / glass ball contraption used for?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Clash of the Titans 3D

Well, Medusa was pretty ssssssssssssssssizzling I guess. The film was too short but it was made up for by the scorpian scenes.

No way better than the original though. Needs more mythology + story, less gayboy emoing about who's father is who!

Andromeda too....cor!

Back
Top Bottom