For anyone who reads Car Magazine

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
I've been reading for Car for 20 years now and it's not just from habit. Did look at others including Evo (Evo being the best of the rest IMO).
They do have a rather pro-German reviewer called Kasher, but if you take his comments with pinch of salt, it's a good read. Why not buy a single mag, see what you think, then subscribe if you like it.

Associate
[TW]Fox;16341394 said:
Goimg to swap to this from TG, TG is just garbage these days.

If you value proper comparisons and measured, informed opinions then CAR has been the benchmark for decades. It's a shadow of its former self but still head and shoulders ahead of its closest rival, EVO. (nee Performance Car)

PS - Of course Georg Kacher is biased, he's a German journalist. I think he's quite balanced though, if they mess up he says so.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;16341394 said:
Goimg to swap to this from TG, TG is just garbage these days.

I had a TG bought for me as a present and found after about 3 mags they were all the same, 'look how many millions of pounds worth of supercars we have got together for some silly race/photoshoot'.

Been buying Car for about 6 months now and think it's brilliant, that and Autocar are all I need.

Associate
Autocar and EVO cover both ends of the test spectrum for me, with Car bringing the proper motoring journalism. Anybody in this thread that hasn't heard of them should google articles by Russell Bulgin and LJK Setright, both ex-CAR contributors and both genius. Setright covered the launch of the Miura by driving one back to London from Modena, in the sixties. TG, original? Whatever :D

Soldato
I subscribe to Octane and Evo,but buy Car from the shop everymonth. Think I might have to subscribe, thanks for posting!

Man of Honour
Great offer but I currently subscribe to What Car and Autocar (Autocar being my favourite out of the two) so not sure if it's worth it!

What Car is probably the most dull magazine ever, its pretty much designed for people buying a new car that particular month, for general motoring interest I wouldnt bother.

Soldato
Oddly i bout this mag this month and saw the offer inside.

It is quite a good mag but a bit busy, i like it but dont find the same passion in the reviews but they seem a bit more technical than Evo.

May give it another month before committing to a sub !!

Back
Top Bottom