Xbox freezing - RRoD on the horizon?

Soldato
I've got a ~10 month old Elite that's starting to freeze more and more. Initially I tried clearing the cache which "seemed" to fix it for a short time, but now it's just getting more and more frequent.

I've just looked at the sticky, and I can see that you get 2 red sections if it's overheating (which I initially though it was), but other than that, I can't see anything else that would be causing it.

Is this symptom common before a RRoD?

Mostly games just freeze (often with the music continuing in the background) or most recently, Resi 5 just spazzed out and was displaying random polygons on the screen (which to me, seems like the GFX card is overheating or just freaking out).

Anyway, i'm assuming i can't do jack "replacement-wise" until it actually dies completely!

So yah, should I expect a RRoD soon do you think?

Comments appreciated!

Associate
I'd say so, mine just RRoD on Saturday for the third time and each time it's frozen occasionally while playing before the final death.

UPS shipping tags printed, just got to try and find a box big enough tomorrow.

Soldato
My Jasper elite is a month or so old and it has frozen twice in BC2 a couple of weeks ago and once in Arkham asylam this afternoon.

I assumed it was just game bugs and not hardware.

How would I send something back which might not have the problem when they test it?

Back
Top Bottom