MG TF 80th Anniversary - Pics

Associate
Couldn't resist the opportunity to take advantage of a bit of nice weather for a change so gave the car a good clean and popped out to take some new photies :)

The car has just had it's cambelt service and has now done just over 17k since new and is running really nicely, great fun in this weather with the roof down. Am still considering changing it soon but may keep it for the rest of the summer and get something else for the winter..

I recently changed the heater control unit over to the later type (a real pig of a job) and changed the HU to an Alpine Ipod one but other than that it is still all standard, a bit of a record for me tbh.. :o

Hope you like the pics :)

MGTF80th018.jpg

MGTF80th017-1.jpg

MGTF80th014.jpg

MGTF80th013.jpg

MGTF80th007-1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave mine a good clean inside and out this weekend. Looking good, although mine has done over 50k now :eek: Didn't do any driving with the roof up all week :D

A very tidy example, unless you're really yearning for something right now, keep it for a few months, sell it while there is a bit of sun left and buy something in the winter while prices are lower.

Man of Honour
God damn, had I known picture threads were acceptable again I'd have made one rather than hidden mine away in show us your motors :p

Associate
Love that interior but I'd have to do something about the gaps around the front bumper panel, they're all over the place! Looks lovely otherwise though.

Soldato
For all the stick which MG have received in recent years, that's one great looking 2-seater open-top, with a great looking interior. You've looked after it well :)

Well looked after ones actually drive very well too, iam not saying they dont have issues but as a whole the TF's (and F's to a degree) get a lot more hate then they deserve off folk who have never driven one thats been looked after.

Associate
OP
TF, please ;) Still on orginal HG although has only done 17k so plenty of opportunity still. Have stuck some money away for the inevitable although the later cars do seem to be a bit more reliable on that front.

Mines a TF160, so that's a theoretical sub 7 secs 0-60 and a true 33 MPG

It also has the luxury of AC which is a rarity and suprisingly very useful even in a rag top :)

Caporegime
Yep.

From wiki:

the most significant mechanical changes were the abandonment of Hydragas suspension in favour of conventional coil springs, the new design of the air-induction system that along with new camshafts produces more power than in MG F engines, and the torsional stiffness of the body increased by 20%. Various cosmetic changes include a revised grille, redesigned front headlights, bumpers, side air-intake grills, rear boot, etc. The MG TF was the first car of its class to be awarded a leading 4-star safety performance from Euro NCAP.

Soldato
is there a big difference between an F and TF? still the same rover underneith isnt it?

There are a few important differences. The TF has coil springs vs the MGF's hydragas system, and the body was considerably stiffened up by the addition of some braces. The TF also has a quicker steering rack

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom