• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need help overclocking(major noob)

Associate
Ok so my rig

AMD Phenom 2 x4 920 Quad Core 2.8GHz
ATI Radeon 5870 1GB
750a SLI Motherboard

I would like to increase the frequency to 3.1Ghz/3.2GHz just to give it a little more juice for bc2 when i get it.

I heard this processor can clock very well on air with stock cooler up to these speeds, maybe more but dont want to push it

Im terribly nooby at this and wondering if anyone can help me out

I have a turbo V Overclocking board, which lets me adjust everything for my cpu so i dont need to go into bios, many thanks.

Soldato
I would forget the V Overclocking and enter your bios.

Change the Memory MHZ - depending on your BIOS rev it will be in diff locations. Increase it 5mhz at a time, for each 15 increase your Core Volts by .1

IF you have an Unlocked Multiplier you can easily do it using that. be aware, you may be able to Decrease it but not Increase it. If you decrease the multi you can increase it back to its current (Stock) Multiplier.

Soldato
CPUs don't die easily unless people overvolt it to too high like lunatic or not have the CPU cooler properly seated.

If you take small steps in increasing voltage (people usually only increase it by a little when the PC struggle to remain stable) and keep an eye on the temp, you won't kill your CPU.

If you want to overclock properly, you will HAVE TO use bios settings.

Back
Top Bottom