Antec 300 or Zalman Z7

Associate
Can't decide between these 2, the 300 seems to be the most popular, but then the Z7 only just came out. They are both styled very similar and the Antec has got most the features I want. However the Z7 ticks even more boxes, partial tool free install, comes with a 3.5 ->2.5 SSD adaptor and is cheaper than the 300. Anyone used the Z7 ? whats the airflow like ? is it any good or just another 300 pretender?

Associate
Antec 300, it might come with tool free design, but unless your taking out/putting in components every couple of weeks whats the point?, the antec 300 comes with much more airflow and good cable management.

Soldato
I would get the Zalman, being the newer of the two cases it has more modern features such as gap on the motherboard tray to fit a CPU's HSF retention bracket, 3.5" to 2 1/2"/1.8" SSD's adaptors, expansion cards can be fitted tool free, vented slot covers, meshed bays with air filters.

As for cooling I've never seen a direct comparisons between the two but the Zalman does have one 120mm on the front, two 120mm on the left panel and one 120mm on the rear and the side panel fans does come with a fan controller. Also you can fit 140mm fans to the side and front fan brackets if you wish. The only thing the Zalman lacks is cable management holes.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the responses guys, I had wondered whether people just defaulted to the 300 as everyone knows its a good case. The only thing I prefer on the 300 is the top mounted fan, but I think I'll probably go for the Z7 plus. I'm just checking what space there is inside for GFX cards.

Associate
OP
I had overlooked that case, it does have some nice features and looks way above its price point, not sure I really like the way the grill looks at the bottom though. That build does look pretty smart though. Decisions.

Back
Top Bottom