do you trust non-proprietry batteries?

Permabanned
Going to buy some extra batteries for my new HTC desire, HTC sells them for around 35 quid, amazon has non-proprietry batteries for 17.50.

HTC store seems over priced, 8 quid for a micro usb cable?

Would u trust a random companies batteries to save some cash?

Associate
Have bought 3rd party ones for my Nikon DSLR before, seem to have outlasted the genuine one! I'm not sure about phone batteries, but I have seen some 3rd party ones offering higher capacities than the standard desire one. Would be useful seeing as a lot of people say that the life isnt great on the desire.

Associate
A large Jersey based store has the official ones for £15.99. Okay, they're not in stock at the moment but if I was after one I'd wait till they were rather than paying for a 3rd party battery now.

Caporegime
I worry about the battery actually breaking my phone, can't decide whether to go with HTC official products or not.

The only way they can break your phone is by the charge circuitry not regulating the input properly and thus not correctly monitoring the LiPo/LiIon cells.

Any product distributed by a UK distributor (or EU distributor) would have to have been safety tested and marked.

I'd steer clear of Chinese copies (only because you cannot guarantee the quality), but 3rd party batteries sold legitimately in the EU/UK should be absolutely fine.

Back
Top Bottom