Some interior spraypainting questions.

Associate
Soooo.... this weekend I think I might get around to spraypainting the inside of my HAF 922.

I have two cans of Matt Black paint and one can of self etching primer.

I take it I should just be sanding the inside down roughly, putting one or two coats of the self etching primer on, giving them an hour to dry in between and then starting with my black coats?

I'm just after some advice for not messing it up, such as how long should I leave it between coats, as it is the first time I will ever have really spray painted anything :rolleyes:.

(And I will be doing it in a well ventilated room and covering everything in made amounts of masking tape I imagine :)).

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Associate
OP
Dont forget to rub it down between coats too! Keeps it smooth.

Thanks, I take it just a quick rub down, no real concentrating on it just rub the sandpaper over afew times after afew hours and throw the next coat on?

I'm guessing blasting it with some compressed air after each sanding would be a good idea as well? :)

Associate
Soooo.... this weekend I think I might get around to spraypainting the inside of my HAF 922.

I have two cans of Matt Black paint and one can of self etching primer.

I take it I should just be sanding the inside down roughly, putting one or two coats of the self etching primer on, giving them an hour to dry in between and then starting with my black coats?

I'm just after some advice for not messing it up, such as how long should I leave it between coats, as it is the first time I will ever have really spray painted anything :rolleyes:.

(And I will be doing it in a well ventilated room and covering everything in made amounts of masking tape I imagine :)).

Any tips would be much appreciated!

are you going to take the case apart and spray it or just spray it straight???

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I unfortunately didn't get the time to start it today so it may have to wait until next week. I was going to pop the rivets out and take it apart entirely but I think I could get away with leaving it together if I am careful.

Soldato
Take it apart mate or even better get it powdercoated the place i got mine done took the case apart podercoated it and rebuilt it for £60,spraypainting is ok but the paint will chip very easy belive me ive done it myself.
Heres my old Haf 932 with matt black powdercoat.

hafinside.jpg

hafbackcable.jpg

Associate
clone...just wondering did you have to buy an extension cable for the psu because the cable was not long enough or you used it to make a perfect cable management design in the case????

Looking at his pictures i would say the reason for the extension cable is for asthetics and warranty issue
basically to make the cable managemnet look good without breaking the warranty of the PSU by splitting and braiding the main psu cable.

Associate
Looking at his pictures i would say the reason for the extension cable is for asthetics and warranty issue
basically to make the cable managemnet look good without breaking the warranty of the PSU by splitting and braiding the main psu cable.

okay just wondering because i am looking to use that example to cable management my case when i recieve it, was not sure if you need a certain psu that has long main psu cable to achieve that....

Back
Top Bottom